Sister on the Fly?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VyckieG

Reaction score
Someone recommended that I check out Sisters on the Fly - the website looks great for meeting up with other women traveling solo, but I could not register on the site. Anyone have experience with this group?

You won't be registered until you fork over $70.00. Did you pay them and still can't get registered? If so then you need to contact them through the email address they provide on the information page. If you did not pay $70..00 then you are not registered.

It is not a group or forum that any and all can participate in at no cost forum. There are of course some things on their website that anyone can see but things such as where and when meetings take place is not made public. It is a closed group.

There are quite a few such groups that have paid membership in the RV areas of interest.

I probably would have paid, but their website form doesn't work. I contacted someone via email, but haven't heard back. Now I'm wondering if it's even worth the money.

I suppose the value depends on what you are looking for. It seems like a very nice recreational group of women and it is focused on outdoor activities including going fly fishing. Once upon a time when I lived in Alaska I did a lot of camping that included fly fishing. Sometimes I did go out on my own but in a car, I did not own a travel trailer back then. I considered joining as I do have a vintage travel trailer. Who knows maybe someday I will join but I am not really a club oriented person, I always seem to have other things going on the dates they meet.

I have run into them twice on the road.  Both times there were lots of men (traveling as couples) who were quite intent on selling (flipping) the trailers and other mid century junk.  Not quite what I am looking for in a women only recreational group.  I do not know if their other events may be fun and empowering as they once were. The original members hung up their keys some time ago.