Showers inside

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that my altered diet has totally changed the way I smell. Very very little junk food lots of fruits and veggies water tea and coffee. whole grains fish and the occasional farm raised beef or chicken or pork. I bathe once a week with Dr Bronners castile soap.

I'm building a shower in my trailer, I am not sure what to use to waterproof the walls. I think tiles will be really heavy and I can't afford one of those shower cases. I was thinking about using vinyl,, but apparently that's just not done... Maybe there is a paint or something I could use?

They make a thin oil-board paneling, using plastic runners between panels and in corners.&nbsp; Light weight and inexpensive. Decorative as well.<br><br>Most stores like Home Depot, etc, carry it.<br><br>ABS panelling works the same way, is more water proof, and I believe lighter as well.

"f" showers traveling alone me not need &nbsp;shower me stop at river me get in river me clean. Except when that snowman appears used to go to the Pecos river and get snowed on as I went from thermal spring to icy water and back real quick to the thermal spring. Only getting out was a challenge. Living in a commune was fun at 25 years old.

LOL Wagoneer.<br><br>I went to Masters. (We don't have Home Depo here.) and I bought some paint that is meant for painting bathes and showers. Hopefully it will work.

Depends what you are applying the paint over...

So far I have a small swimming pool and a shower head that will pump in water from a container. But the pool is quite large, so I have it in the tent out side. I haven't used it for a few reasons:<BR>- No way of getting hot water out there, unless I laboriously &nbsp;transport it in a kettle (I'm considering getting a urn that is typically used for heating water when there are a lot of people who want tea or coffee at an event.)<BR>-It's so cold outside in the winter.<BR>-difficult to drain.<BR><BR>I've looked at a lot of things to make a bath out of, but they are simply too small. (eg. plastic packing container.)<BR>&nbsp;What have other people used? (I did see the comment about Lowes and the cement mixing tub. Great idea!)

Around here, Farm supply stores have tubs/troughs used to water livestock in many sizes. Tubs have a high enough sidewall to drape a shower curtain inside. A friend made his shower with a hula hoop attached to the ceiling of his box truck to hang the curtain, and a 2 1/2 foot wide, 3 foot long trough to catch the water. adding a drain hole with a hose attachment to the lower side of the tub made empty easy. When not in use, he stored his water jugs, shower head and hose,&nbsp;and 12v pump in the tub and took the curtain down , folded it, and put it in the tub also. Quite a novel setup.<br><br>Bob

Thanks Bob, I will have to check out the places around here. I live in the country so finding one shouldn't be hard.

Drainage:

Should be able to find a cheap plastic tap to fit in the side of the plastic pool. If the pools inside the unit, you can siphon the water out (like stealing gas from a tank lol) or a cheap siphon tube with an accordion pump built on., and let it drain out onto the ground.

Oh I saw those today when I went looking. But I think what bought was better.<BR>Those kind of 'buckets' are heavy and not very tall. <BR><BR>I got a big blue horse feed tub, a pic of which I will upload in a sec when my phone is done charging. (As well as make a video of my washing machine.)<BR>I used it today, I boiled water in the kettle and in a big pot and had an absolutely glorious soak afterwards and watching a flick.

Regarding post #22 where GP shared her cool idea of the simple shower made with a 3 gallon black oil recycle container... At the point where the hose connects to the container, I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick-connect and quick-release type fitting I coils use there?

Thanks!

P.S. Maybe it's just an iPad issue but the "Reply" button is missing from each post on this thread.

There aren'tindividual reply buttons on posts, just a single button at the top or bottom of the page. I am hoping to have individual reply buttons on the new forum to replace "quote" buttons.

I'm on my computer now and its the same as my iPad where the only "Reply" buttons are at the top and bottom with no "Reply with Quote" buttons at all. I never noticed this until recently. BTW, its not free but the most user-friendly forum software for the end user I've seen is VBulletin.&nbsp;http://www.vbulletin.com/