Shin Ramyun

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmotorscooter

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone that boondocks is familiar with ramen.  Boil a  little water on the Coleman stove, throw it in a thermos for a few minutes.

Not a big fan myself, but it is a cheap and quick non perishable item.

My ex turned me on to the Shin Ramyun, what a game changer! $3.75 for a four pack that makes 8 servings.  I eat 1 who!e pack at a time, 510 calories and with 3 slices of buttered bread about 900.

But the difference is it tastes good, real good!  Not just a getting by meal, something to actually enjoy.

Warning though, I only use 1/2 the spice package or it can be a real sizzler.

Never heard of it,but I'll certainly give it a try.Thanks for the heads up.

It took 3 people to make that ramen in 5 minutes, I alone made it in 2 minutes. GET ON MY LEVEL!!

Ben eating shin ramen for years.  I can not drink the juice it will take the skin off your throat. I have no choice as my wife maiden name is shin and she comes from korea.  when I was in the army almost all GI had a hotplate pot and ramen in their wall locker for the late night munchies. HOW many EX GI remeber this.

badmotorscooter said:
...I eat 1 who!e pack at a time... with 3 slices of buttered bread...

Wow. Got enough carbohydrates there?  :D

Sometimes I have to explain this...

Eating a lot of carbs is all about doing the math. If one is physically active enough with a very strong metabolism to burn all the carbs, a high carb diet can work. I do intermittent fasting and my body switches from glycogen burning to ketogenesis at least once a day, sometimes twice.

I run and/or workout every single day. I am very lean and my energy level is always high.

Not to start any debate, but a full **** or super low carb diet does not feel healthy for me. One has to try what works for them and the lifestyle they choose.

I'm not a ketomaniac or other low-carb fan. I just prefer a balance of all food categories, and variety. It makes my tongue happier.

Sounds like a great Ramen to try. I have never been fond of Ramen, it is more salty than I care for and rather bland too. But I will get a package of it and see what I think. I like keeping an open mind regarding foods I did not like when I was younger as taste buds and food likes or dislikes can evolve over time.

My son did a full **** diet off and on for a lot of years, so did his wife. She has gout, it runs in her family. Gout does not run in my family or in my son's father's family but now he also has developed gout. If you keep going back and forth, off and on **** you are creating high purine levels in your body until your body adjust to the ****. So either stick with it or don't go on it at all. But don't go off and on back and forth because you too might end up with a very painful medical condition that will make it really hard for you to get outside and go for a walk or even drive a vehicle. Do take the time to read up on how to avoid the condition when doing **** diets.

Gout can cause permanent damage to your joints and your kidneys. Educate yourself first before you make radical changes in your diet so that you can minimize risk. I am not saying do not switch to a **** diet. What I am saying is get the facts first about how to significantly reduce your chance of developing this painful medical condition.

If you don't want to do ****, that's fine. No need to. But cutting down on things that quickly turn into sugar in your bloodstream is still a good thing. Heavy consumption of easily-digested carbs is an invitation to weight gain, wide daily energy-level fluctuations, and, eventually, diabetes. There is no virtue in saying HELL NO! to ****, but plenty of virtue in saying Hey, take it easy on the carbs. Find that happy place in the middle of carb-craving and carb-cautious and you will almost certainly be more healthy.

FWIW, I've always found that the less carbs I eat, the less I crave them. They are extremely addictive.