An Old Favorite - Chipped Beef on Toast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOLl!! Sparky! You drove 100 miles, one way, and bought 18 packages of this delicacy? A man after my own heart! I drove from TX to Maine for lobster. Ate nothing but fresh lobster for four days. Well, except for that blackberry cobbler.

And next fall, I may just do that again! With a creamed dried beef somewhere along the way. Dang it! Now I'm hungry.

:mad:
i tried to reply
"Martin food Stores" are in Wva Md.Va. & Pa--on your next trip check them out.
the creamed chipped Beef is a 11 oz package.heat the bag in water or cut it open @ top "it stands up" microwave it."Esskay" brand-
keebler

Chipped beef on toast was a staple at our house too, back in the Air Force days. I thought the Armor Dried Beef was too salty also, so I always cut it up in strips with kitchen shears and soaked it in cold water while I made the Béchamel sauce. Then I rinsed the beef in cold water, drained it in a colander and put it in with the sauce/gravy and served with either toast points or home made buttermilk buscuits. Now that's some good eating, and quick too.

For years I have been cheating.....
brown up 1/2pound of ground beef...pour a can of mushroom soup over the beef and add water till it is as thin as I like it and put on mashed potatoes or toast.
no idea of cost, fat, calories, but I know how good it is:D

You ain't cheating papa...that's just good ole simple eats! It makes it better to add the mushroom soup, but you wouldn't even have to do that. I sometimes just make burger patties, and then maybe add some butter if there aren't enough drippings, and then make a milk gravy with some burger "crumbles" in it, and have over bread, toast or biscuits. I was raised in the land of gravy, Oklahoma, and have frequently dined at the many houses of gravy there, which is pretty much any restaurant, café, or diner there. Yup, it's all good!

I firmly believe eating SOS is the main reason I turned vegan

yuk; I tried a vegan burger---sickening...glad to be "Real" hamburger & bacon, chip beef,& spam, eater type of person. yep, I've had donkey, monkey, snake, lots of weird animals---I'm still alive & well.
sparky1.