Shadow Cruiser

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeke1953

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1990 Shadow Cruiser 5th wheel camper. I plan on hitting the road mid October, and I have 2 questions.
1) Does anyone know of a Group or club for older Shadow Cruisers?
2) Anyone got any idea where the battery and/or the electrical area might be? I've looked in every possible area I can think of. The only storage areas accessible from the outside are the propane tank area and the 2 compartments on either side of it. I've looked in every cupboard and closet inside, to no avail. Any ideas?  thanks

Only thing up in the "loft"area was a small hidden cubby, but not big enough for a battery or convertor.

Shadow Cruiser RV Club on Facebook

Zeke1953 said:
Only thing up in the "loft"area was a small hidden cubby, but not big enough for a battery or convertor.
Oh, I missed them. Ill try again.  Thanks

I have seen batteries under an inside step usually, the one from outside in.

There should be a power center with circuit breakers and fuses readily seen inside. They are sometimes in the end of a cabinet but can be mounted in the lower part of a cabinet. It should have a cover on it that you will have to open.

Under the sofa? (if there is one) On my RV while I can access the battery from outside I can also from under the sofa.

its supposed to be delivered tomorrow, thats the first place im looking. its also right near where the power cord comes in the camper from outside.

B and C said:
I have seen batteries under an inside step usually, the one from outside in.

There should be a power center with circuit breakers and fuses readily seen inside.  They are sometimes in the end of a cabinet but can be mounted in the lower part of a cabinet.  It should have a cover on it that you will have to open.
I looked under the step to the loft...nuttin.  The power cord comes in the camper near the couch, so thats where I'm looking tomorrow when it gets delivered.

Check if there is a external cabinet under the front overhang, that was the location of the batteries on one older 5th wheel that I had an occasion to see up close.

PS the Shadow Cruisers look sharp, much better than the typical humpback whales swallowing a pickup.

Eureka, success!! Found the convertor/charger unit.
Once I had the camper parked, I plugged her in and listened. Heard the humming and traced the sound. I still haven't found a battery, but in a compartment up front, there was a red and a white wire together not connected to anything. I'll go out tomorrow with a multimeter, with the converter running, and see if that's where the battery should be.
Thanks for all the clues, it was very helpful.

A friend has a trailer with both a red and white wire to the batteries (mounted on the tongue).