Seriously, so you want to be in love again...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truckin said:
I think it's possible that life is a movie.. I'm not sure if anything is real. All my life I have lived in different realities created by my brain in conjunction with other people's brains. These realities come and go. I wake from them in the morning, after movies, after relationships, and maybe after death. I think the dual reality created by two souls requires a leap of faith. That belief, held by both, yet fully known by neither, is a dream.. A movie. I like the movie. IRL human relationships are thought to only last about 10 years. After that amount of time has past, people grow apart and see each other in a different light. Then one partner typically defects. If the couple does not split, both suffer. How sad reality is. I think we should make our own and believe in it. Is that crazy? I feel like it's Hope.

Deep in the mind, we are all Dreamers, sometimes Dreamers within a dream, through our hearts some dreams are shared, between two souls who Believe❤️

"When I open my heart,
you cover me with a blanket of Love,
And warm the silence,
with your caress.
Words unspoken, 
say it all.
As we become more
than we are alone"

After 31 years of happy marriage, I can tell you this...we have both had opportunity to "defect", and both chose otherwise, because what we have is better than what is potentially around the next corner, as in "the grass is always greener" syndrome.

Love is not selfish, or curmudgeonly, it is very much give/take, and trying to make the other person happy. They will almost always reciprocate the respect, and love.

Truckin said:
I think it's possible that life is a movie.. I'm not sure if anything is real. All my life I have lived in different realities created by my brain in conjunction with other people's brains. These realities come and go. I wake from them in the morning, after movies, after relationships, and maybe after death. I think the dual reality created by two souls requires a leap of faith. That belief, held by both, yet fully known by neither, is a dream.. A movie. I like the movie. IRL human relationships are thought to only last about 10 years. After that amount of time has past, people grow apart and see each other in a different light. Then one partner typically defects. If the couple does not split, both suffer. How sad reality is. I think we should make our own and believe in it. Is that crazy? I feel like it's Hope.
That's truckin deep.  :thumbsup:

Dingfelder said:
This is kind of a garbage amalgam of other stuff better said.  The original from the first line, if I recall correctly, is Be the change you want to see in others.  

That's pretty powerful.  Certainly on point.  All the rest you've added gets diluted, not amplified.  Not least by its going on and on.  Lesser minds trying to hang 10 on the original glorious surge.
Little overly critical and harsh?
Necessary?
Isn't everything a rehash?

FWIW, i thought it was well said and of value by W@H, even if not perfectly quoted for some.
It was a reflection of her interpretation. The variance and nuance I appreciated, as might others.

I just take it one day at a time and don't worry about finding love. Of course that is the now much older me talking.

One never knows about love, my girlfriend found it with a man in his early 90s that she met at the senior center where they both used to go for lunch. That love is still going great, he just turned 99 in 2019 and is doing well. When she met him she was spending part of the year in the USA and half the year in a little tiny townhouse she renovated in a village in France. She sold the house in France to live with him in the USA. She was always a traveler and started a company doing tours in Europe so she could spend more time abroad in various countries.

Minivanmotoman said:
Little overly critical and harsh?
Necessary?
Isn't everything a rehash?

FWIW, i thought it was well said and of value by W@H, even if not perfectly quoted for some.
It was a reflection of her interpretation. The variance and nuance I appreciated, as might others.
By that same measure, were those questions necessary?  Little overly critical and harsh?  Pot, beware of kettle. Not a necessary post, nor was mine.  Sometimes less is more.

Sweet dreams.  -crofter

MOD EDIT, the video is Andy Williams singing "Love is a Many Splendid Thing". please include a description with any links.

Thx for the chuckles with the two music video responses. :thumbsup:
Love is a many splendid thing for sure.
And can be a losing game as well unfortunately, depending upon the individuals involved and degree of jadedness.

So in the spirit of this thread which is
"Seriously, so you want to be in love..."
a question.
Which makes me wonder, should/must one be lovable to be loved? And how much of a loving match should/must it be? With a fair and objective assessment.
With the term"in love", referring to being in a warm and caring emotional relationship with another person. Or maybe it should be life itself?

BTW, I personally miss Wild@Heart. It is unfortunate that she doesn't share her wonderful, positive thoughts with us anymore 
( wonder why?/s).
Gone gone gone

I certainly appreciated them and they brightened this forum tremendously.

Well it all started with Creator who loved abundantly & enough to create all things & us humans. For me, that is flame from the match that starts everything. 

One teaspoon of that would be great right now. Strengthens the heart and makes me kind. Others may be naturally kind and loving, but I need that flame from Creator and then all the blessings can follow if I can accept them. It was great to be in the desert with everyone and feel that warmth and kind good energy flowing.

Hope that's not too much on the religion.  -crofter

Minivanmotoman said:
And can be a losing game as well unfortunately, depending upon the individuals involved and degree of jadedness.

I opened my heart & soul to love many times .........what i learned, is that humans are only human, and human love is a temporary thing....as are all things on this Earth....my jadedness comes from expecting "love" to last forever and being betrayed....i guess i wanted more than what earthly love can provide.......i have always had high expectations & a good imagination....LOL

@crofter - if you find love and happiness in your faith than it's all good.
@gypsy - there's a saying that love doesn't last.
Takes work and commitment. Always have hope and work for it cause it's worth it. To give is to receive.

My "true love" is lying on the bed next to me. Actually he just loves it that I feed him treats whenever his owner brings him along. Sometimes I even feed the owner of the dog. They are both always looking for love :)

Maki 2.Shacking up with a dog?Been there ;done that .More than once.

It is more of the arrangement, love my dog and I will think you are a pretty good person who is worth knowing and having around :)

It really impressed the dog's owner when we were out walking around the neighborhood, he had stopped in the pet store to get some dog gear he needed and I bought his dog a toy to play with. There is more than one way to a man and his dog's heart. The original dog passed away a few years ago, new dog now, I still am a supplier of toys and treats, going on 18 years now of being a dog and his owner's best friend :)

Love is a many splendored thing
It's the April rose that only grows in the early Spring
Love is nature's way of giving a reason to be living
The golden crown that makes a man a king
Once on a high and windy hill, In the morning mist
Two lovers kissed and the world stood still
Then your fingers touched my silent heart and taught it how to sing
Yes, true love's a many splendored thing
Love is a many splendored thing

Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" is a popular song with music by Sammy Fain and lyrics by Paul Francis Webster.[1] The song was publicized first in the movie, Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955), winning the Academy Award for Best Original Song.[1] From 1967 to 1973, it was used as the theme song to Love is a Many Splendored Thing, the soap opera based on the movie. The song's refrain is based on the aria Un bel dì vedremo from Giacomo Puccini’s opera, Madama Butterfly.

Every breath you take

Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you
Every single day and every word you say
Every game you play, every night you stay, I'll be watching you
Oh, can't you see you belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take
Every move you make, and every vow you break
Every smile you fake, every claim you stake, I'll be watching you
Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night, I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying, "Baby, baby, please"
Oh, can't you see you belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take
Every move you make and every vow you break
Every smile you…

:heart: Love...is the highest frequency..So raise your vibration!

As the old saying goes:
people come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

A relationship doesn't take work...it requires effort.
We should be more concerned with what we are giving & bringing to it.

It's when our highest vibrational thoughts and emotions, meet divine timing.
Beautiful words that express love, understanding, gratitude,   devotion, and oneness together. Soul Connection... :heart: Poetry for heart & soul...

"You are the sky
my spirit soars in"

"You know the song ,
n my heart
And sing it to me,
when I have forgotten the words"

Minivanmotoman said:
@crofter - if you find love and happiness in your faith than it's all good.
@gypsy - there's a saying that love doesn't last.
Takes work and commitment. Always have hope and work for it cause it's worth it. To give is to receive.
Giving... Like a wheel of fortune, an infiniy loop or lemonscape of love or
lucky ticket wonka bar of good karma it comes back to you & multiplies!
:heart: Love is all around...open your heart

Well.... before I jump into a love relationship again, there has to be a commitment to effort. Nothing worse when your the only one dedicated.