Seriously, so you want to be in love again...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I would like a friend, companion, a like minded someone to share the awesome adventure with. If intimacy is involved, great, if not, great. Getting tired of spending so much time alone.

Just like all that i read, may i ask your age?
My name is Laura, 61, looking to start up my travels in 2020.

Be open to making new friendships without any expectations other than some fun conversations about the here and now stuff rather than the past or future. You never know when or where (or even if) you will meet someone you could develop those "in love with" feelings for.

I am a long ways north in Seattle. Not camping at the moment, but working on finishing the new cabinets for my trailer and then I will do a platform storage for the Honda Element. I will be out camping a lot this summer around the Pacific NW before heading south in September.

But I did recently meet a new buddy for coffee dates with trailer talk and some caravan trips this summer. Met when I bought something he had posted on craigslist. Turned out he was also working on his fiberglass trailer.

Excruciating pain that never leaves. A depth of anger and distrust. The aloneness that haunts your life. Love, I'll chance it

So, what is love?
Is it given, taken or shared? Yes but, how do you approach it beyond what you think it is and should be versus how you actually love, live and breathe it?
We've all experienced it in some form but have we assessed our own actions, behaviours, choices to enact and fulfill?
Is it beyond the superficial emotions and can total fulfillment be possible?
Is it base, raw emotions or developed, refined and all encompassing?
Immature emotions or mature consciousness?
Do our own situational skills match our wants and needs? Do you give it as well as you want it?
Can you get on the same plane of symbiotic fulfillment with someone that you are attracted to? Is that enough in and of itself?
So many questions and only one life of (limited?) opportunities?
Do we look at it only as external stimulus driving internal emotions?
Why does the damn visual influence us so much?
Can we see beyond that some, most, all the time?
Love is all around, be a generator?
Sorry, insomnia and watching Deepak on PBS have fueled these thoughts of the moment.

For your entertainment, love is all around music video

And where is the perfect match ying to my yang?
Or yours for that matter.
Does it exist?
Why stop living life to the fullest gusto if not?
Just because it's not present shouldn't hold us back from seeking out and or creating a zesty life!

People still believe in a happily ever after ending?
Do they forget that those stories always have a really bad section in them?
Stories are boring without some conflict :)

Create a vivid, colorful (even zesty) life.
Be open to the possibilities of sharing Love & romance,
Let it unfold naturally, sway to the music, breathe it in.
Be & free your authentic self & enjoy eachother (As-Is).
Work without a net...

The Wire

When in doubt...
Just add good spirits & more cowbell! ;)

Minivanmotoman said:
So, what is love?
From my experience, falling in love is awesome! It's one of the most common and powerful ways to take us beyond our boundaries; challenge us to be vulnerable and open. Open our hearts! Take chances. I think the problems tend to come up when we try to *get* something from it. This energy burns through resistance... if you let it. If you try to grab and use it to other purposes it dies.
Also from my experience, the person you fall madly in love with will not necessarily be a good partner. Even typical "couple" relationships or sex are often bad ideas. It's really another category entirely! When I was younger I just dove in head first; I wasn't concerned about anything, just followed my heart. But if you want a partner for life, compatibility is super important. Falling in love, not so much.

NOT mine but something on a website I have referred to for almost 20 yrs now.
http://fromthestars.com/page126.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way to have a lasting and fulfilling relationship is to use it for the purpose it was intended... to be and decide who you really are.

Unconditional love, which contains no judgment, should be the foundation upon which your relationship is built.

You can't love another if you don't love yourself.

Expectations are relationship enders.

When we expect our lover to do this or that and they don't, we get mad and disappointed. The relationship then suffers because of it.

Another relationship ender is needing someone.

We should not look to another to fill a void in ourselves. Rather, in a process of mutual sharing, we should bring a completed sense of self to our partner.

As soon as we need the other, it is an admission that we are lacking in our own wholeness. It can also become an obsession, which throws the relationship out of balance. Never need. It limits and suffocates.

How can we promise to love another for a lifetime, if we cannot love ourselves first?

Always be yourself. Never pretend. If either one of the two partners finds this difficult, then an imperfection is in need of balancing and healing.

Do not believe that falling in love will make you happy and end your loneliness. Each of us must find happiness, balance and wholeness within ourselves first. Then we share this inner completion and happiness with the other.

When a relationship ends, it may have been entered into for the wrong reasons; or for the right reasons before ego got in the way.

Jealousy and competition have no place in a relationship. If it is present, something is out of balance within the individual and needs to be healed.

When two people express their undying love for one another, that does not mean they own their partner.

Total freedom, not limitation and restraint, is the key to successful relationships.

Fear-based emotions have no place in a spiritual relationship.

All sexuality within the relationship should be used to celebrate the love that exists. Sexuality can be as passionate as it can be sacred.

Never let a relationship cause you to lose your identity or sense of Self. Relationships should empower, since they help to remind us who we really are.

If you do not love yourself, others and your Source unconditionally, relationships will be a constant challenge.

Never feel you have to prove your love to the other. Just be yourself, imperfections and all. If that's not enough, the relationship will become fragile and out of balance.

All relationships will end when they no longer serve the purpose of spiritual growth. When that happens, release each other with unconditional love and move on with your lives.

If you do not see one another as two souls on a sacred journey, then the reason for the relationship is no longer serving a spiritual purpose.

I have been (mostly) happily married for 30 years now. We came from similar backgrounds, the same school, with many of the same friends, so we have a shared past for 40+ years. We support, and help each other, but still disagree about things. It helps that my parents have been married for 59 years, and her parents have been married for 53 years, and my brother for 35 years.

^^^THIS is almost unheard of in today's modern society with so many that have big expectations, a low tolerance, and a selfish nature with impatience.

Shorter term relationships don't guarantee quality, neither do long term relationships.

For myself, the ability to honor and love oneself, is the foundation upon which all relationships are built. I haven't been the best at that and, even today, I'm investing energy in learning how to do it.

Food for thought...
Beyond compatability & unreasonable expectations...
A  sacred journey of two souls, through boundless expression of spiritual growth & celebration of a beautiful Love & Life.
Free will to give & receive on many levels. It costs nothing to show selfless kindness, understanding, compassion, love  or bring even the smallest  joy to another soul. And the joy we can experience, as we bring joy to someone else...money & selfishness will never find it.
Unfortunately, as we deprive one another, we deprive ourselves, of all the wonderful possibilities to experience in this life. IMHO :)

MaTaLa said:
Shorter term relationships don't guarantee quality, neither do long term relationships.

For myself, the ability to honor and love oneself, is the foundation upon which all relationships are built. I haven't been the best at that and, even today, I'm investing energy in learning how to do it.

Life is a gift, it comes with no guarantees, no warrantees, but it does have an unkown expiration date. 
We live & we learn along the way...sometimes we jump in, sometimes we hide away, sometimes we cautiously
wait for something so perfect it may never found. And sometimes even if we think we've found it, we may find ourselves disillusioned.
The age of a relationship is not necessarily a direct reflection to the quality. 
Relationships may come & go...and there YOU still stand. Joys to remember and lessons through loss. 
Our choice of perspective...Is our glass empty, half full or overflowing? How will we spend the time we are given?
We are all works in progress, and it all does start with the condition of ourselves and changes comes from within. 
Be the change in your world you want to see & experience, enjoy the journey along the way.
Every day is another chance to create the quality of relationships & life you need & desire.
Love is a valuable investment & worthwhile endeavour. (IMHO)

Respect is better than love and can lead to love. Friendship is the glue. Love fizzles out if it’s missing respect and friendship