Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's hoping the OP's van, "Serenity", lives up to it's name! I picture it parked on the shore of a nice blue mountain lake, as evening sets in........ THAT would be serene. :)

Check out this thread on the .net forum to see some serene boondocking spots. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/20818436/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

And I thought I was the only romantic guy around here with regards to Firefly. The intro music should be your theme song - it plays in my head often and always gets me in a good mood.

It's almost a religious experience, just like boondocking in a pristine mountain location.

As John Muir said, "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness."

Chip

LeeRevell said:
I sometimes imagine a world as a post-apocalyptic state where the entire population is reduced to Van Dwelling, with the only settlements being similar to Q and The Slabs.  Van folks bring stuff to trade, things from 'the before times'.   :D

We probably would all have to convert our rigs to be fueled by wood gasification -- unless somehow oil drilling and refining services survive. I remembered articles in mags like Mother Earth News on some ranchers who run their vehicles on wood-gas and used the idea in the third of my post-apocalyptic novels.

Methane from pig crap, ala "Mad Max - Beyond Thunderdome". We'd need a midget engineer with delusions of grandeur though....... :)
With a little work, a highly developed "Brown's Gas" engine might work. Google it.
With coming of summer, I am looking forward to some serene woodland camping. I have some fond memories of a place Dad and I camped at in my youth, called "Wood Lake", actually a river. We'd camp at a small rustic campground, then use our boat to motor over to a large island that the river flowed around, to hunt squirrels and set out trot lines for catfishing. I hope it still exists...... That was forty years ago, and so many of my early stomping grounds are now trailer parks and housing developments.

It's hard to tell, in fact I never was sure what it was! :p

Just kidding, it's a build thread about a van named Serenity and why it was named Serenity.

But it's always easy to tell when posts have nothing to do with it and are totally off topic.
Bob