Sell Hawaiian shirts?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had about a dozen Hawaiian shirts back in the '80s. I still like them, but I don't wear them anymore because they've sort of become the uniform of my fellow retired middle-class boomers.

txmnjim said:
maybe something to do with right-wing, white supremacist groups that want to
start a revolution? they sell shirts and such at various events with many not "getting"
the association.the idea of the shirt is from the term "boogaloo" which is from
a movie. it is explained in this link;
https://nancyfriedman.typepad.com/away_with_words/2020/02/word-of-the-week-boogaloo.html

Geez, messing with a fun thing like an Hawaiian shirt.  They should sew fringes on the bottom of the ones they sell.

So if someone buys this van and heads out on a circuit of state capitals, they might make a killing selling the shirts.

slow2day said:
Geez, messing with a fun thing like an Hawaiian shirt.  They should sew fringes on the bottom of the ones they sell.

So if someone buys this van and heads out on a circuit of state capitals, they might make a killing selling the shirts.
Maybe not. There's a reason why this guy is selling his side gig assets. It may not have anything to with his business income - but it might. After all, selling at summer market events and festivals will likely not be too rewarding this year. Or even next year.

I sure wouldn't want to cater to people who don't take pandemics seriously.

I LOVE hawaiian shirts - the really good ones. I have a couple I wear as very light jackets.

MrNoodly said:
I had about a dozen Hawaiian shirts back in the '80s. I still like them, but I don't wear them anymore because they've sort of become the uniform of my fellow retired middle-class boomers.

My older brother wore one to his 15 year HS reunion and got a few chuckles back in the 70's when leisure suits were the style. 

6 years later I thought I would do the same at my 15th but my best friend's wife was one of the organizers and talked us into dressing up a little since it was held at a semi-ritzy place. She was into her budding yuppiness.

Actually I've never owned an Hawaiian shirt.

jacqueg said:
Maybe not. There's a reason why this guy is selling his side gig assets.

I sure wouldn't want to cater to people who don't take pandemics seriously.

Right, the killing might not be the one they intended.

slow2day said:

yeah, i took it hard as i wear them often  :D

Jeez, I guess it's almost an art taking the fun out of everything.

Having grown up in Hawaii, maybe my "understanding" of Hawaiian shirts is off, though, in comparison to the experts.

Sofisintown said:
What if the guy just wants to sell the van along with his business, and that's all there is...

I'm sure that's the case and it's surprising to most of us that there is that sinister connection.

SLB_SA said:
Sell the shirts to Andy Reid. :D

I'm sure he'd take a size 6XL.

For the right person this wouldn't be a bad deal. The van has high miles but it has the 300 cu.in. Ford six cylinder which is one of the best engines ever made.

You would be getting a free van if you could eventually sell all the shirts for an average of $11.11 each.

Then get on CL and trade those chic wheels and tires for stockers + a few $100's cash.