• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS - 2012 Ford E350 CamperVan w/ Hightop - SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoRockiesFan

Reaction score
I am selling my 2012 Ford E350 RB CamperVan. I purchased the van in August 2017. It has 63,047 miles. When I purchased the van I intended to make it a camper. It is almost finished but now due to “life happens” I need to sell.

Price is $23,917/OBO.  Van is in Northern Virginia.

Theses are the improvements I have made:

Added a Fiberine 20” Fiberglass High top – 1/2” wood on sides and top, 2 windows/screens on sides

Added an Inergy Kodiak 1100W Solar Generator + 200W Solar Panels

Replaced the tires with Bridestone All-Terrain T/A KO2 LT245/75R16/E 120/116S Tires (New - October 2018)

Swapped out the factory radio for a Sony XAXAV Radio with CarPlay and AndroidAuto and large screen for backup camera view.

Added a Maxx Air 00007500K 00-07500K MaxxFan Deluxe with Remote

Added Ionic Factory Style Running Boards

Added a Front Passenger Base Swivel

Purchased a Custom Made Foam Mattress/Mattress Cover from the Foam Factory (48” X 70”)

Had the hightop and sides sprayed with black Line-L (similar to Line-X).

Added a platform bed in the rear (about 48” wide and 70-72” long). There is a ton storage space underneath. 

For the hightop, I had 1” R-Tech insulation added to the top and side. Then, it was covered by ¼ plywood and stained. 

The floor has the following layers: a VanRug on the bottom followed by ½” R-Tech insulation then ½” plywood and then Maple laminate. 

In addition, I purchased the following:

Insulated SunShields (7 in all) – covers all windows except driver/passengers front windows. 

New battery – March 2019

I’m going to include with the van (to help finish the camper) :

3M Thinsulate Acoustic/Thermal Insulation SM600L (20' x 60") for the lower sides beneath the windows.

Ez-Cool Vehicle Van Car Truck SUV RV Camper Insulation Kit (100 Sq. Ft Insulation, 25' Foil Tape) Heat and Sound Automotive Insulation for Restoration Projects (to layer over the thinsulate)

CarFax report available upon request

Please contact me with any questions.

Link to Craigslist Ad

Attachments

• Big Red.jpg
    Big Red.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 34
...and plenty of $$$ through the fuel tank, too.
(Don't forget about the peanut butter transmission and those flying spark plugs held in by a 1/4 of a thread...those are in there also.)
BLACK bedliner was a good idea on a TOP? (Like it hot inside the van??)

That van screams VANDWELLER more than most I have seen (mainly due to the "good buddy" bedliner on the hightop)...not something all people want to advertise.

That stuff is bumpy. Sacrifices more MPG than most realize and is damned near impossible, depending on which brand/how it was prepped, to get off to paint it properly.

I believe the spark plug issue in the modular motors used in the vans (2 valves per head) was sorted out and corrected by the 2009 model year.

JD GUMBEE said:
...and plenty of $$$ through the fuel tank, too.
(Don't forget about the peanut butter transmission and those flying spark plugs held in by a 1/4 of a thread...those are in there also.)
BLACK bedliner was a good idea on a TOP? (Like it hot inside the van??)

That van screams VANDWELLER more than most I have seen (mainly due to the "good buddy" bedliner on the hightop)...not something all people want to advertise.

That stuff is bumpy. Sacrifices more MPG than most realize and is damned near impossible, depending on which brand/how it was prepped, to get off to paint it properly.

The black bedliner is awesome! I don’t have to wax it. It is tough and durable. No scratches from low lying branches or dents from hail. AND, best of all it was hundreds of dollars cheaper than paint. 

I really don’t notice any heat issues as I park in the shade ... but then the heat and humidity in Virginia is miserable and I don’t think any other color makes a difference. I get great breezes from the windows in the top when the fan is on. Keeps the air circulating nicely.

As for gas mileage ... yes, it is crappy (12-14 mpg) but the top does not seem to make much of a difference.

You might want to post an ad on Sportsmobile forum. They rebuild 350's with lifts, 4 x 4, and make them into all terrain vehicles. The black top would look nice with the Auminess bumpers and ladder. Most of the Sportsmobile people have soft tops, but for anyone not living in the southwest, a hardtop seems better to me with the humidity and canvas. I bought swivels for my Ford Econoline from one of the member vendors at that website.