• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dodge Sprinter Camper Van 2006 - Mechanic's Special!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndsay.McKv

Reaction score
Well-loved 06 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 with partial blown head gasket (overheats on climbs or after ~30 minutes) that likely needs engine overhaul/rebuild or new engine. All parts are Mercedes. Replaced entire cooling system (radiator, fuel pump, etc) & vehicle still has overheating issue. I recently upgraded to a new ford transit van & I'm looking to sell this sweet van to someone who can wrench & fix her up.

New engine or overhaul would cost ~$7k-$15k in parts+labor through Linden Automotive or Mercedes Benz Dealership, so I'm letting her go as a project - hence the mechanics special offer. I would only recommend this vehicle if you are an experienced diesel mechanic that's prepared to work on pain-in-the-ass Mercedes configurations that will require specific Mercedes tools.

I lived in this van fairly full-time from Jan 2015-Sept 2020 & traveled around the country multiple times including through Canada & Mexico with very few problems. It's been an exceptionally reliable rig. Bought with 350,000 miles on odometer as retired transportation fleet vehicle broke 500,000 miles recently. Mercedes diesel engines are rated for up to 1,000,000 miles.

Well-maintained with all repair receipts.

Interior is well-insulated, paneled & comes with everything pictured. I built out the van using a variety of Habitat for Humanity Restore furniture pieces that worked as functional cabinet & kitchen storage.

Van has custom built roof rack & 300 watts of solar (Renogy panels) that can be used for your energy needs. Currently a 64quart Whynter fridge is hooked up & ready for use. This camper is ready to live in & has thousands of dollars worth of improvements/ added value. You won't find other built-out sprinter vans for this price.

It's a sweet camper that needs loving but has lots of life left in her. There's lots of interest in this vehicle so please no low ball offers, however I am open to negotiating. Email me with your questions or to coordinate taking a look at the van. Thank you & happy van hunting!

View CL Ad & pictures here: https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/golden-dodge-sprinter-camper-van/7155704783.html