• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Seattle area: Anyone renting their Home-On-Wheels?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncagingmyspirit

Reaction score
Probably a really long shot but figured I would still try. Is there anyone in Seattle, who only uses their RV/Campervan for vacations, and willing to rent it to me for a few months? I'm not facing any kind of eviction, just simply would like to save more money to put towards my own (as close as possible) dream Home-On-Wheels.

I don't. A lot of people start with what they already have, car, suv, etc. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Do you have a vehicle now? Just as with S&B homes, start with the one you have now. It's good to have a dream, but it's even better to have one based on the kind of real-life experience that actually doing it gives you. 

Someone somewhere is living in a vehicle similar to yours, and doing it successfully. If, for whatever reason, you really don't want to live in the vehicle you already have, trade it for something you think you can live in.

BTW, I sure as hell wouldn't be renting my van - or any other vehicle - to a stranger. My insurance wouldn't cover it.

It's possible that some of the RV lease companies will lease for a longer term.

The city put a few of them out of business last summer but the ACLU lawyers got involved filing lawsuits so now they are right back at it.

Sofie, I live in Seattle, and I know firsthand what is going on. I drive right by a lot of near derelict RVs whenever I go out to run essential errands because the neighborhood I am in has a large, industrial area that is servicing the marine trade.

This morning after having posted due notices the city is clearing out a large tent encampment that has sprung up in a park in my neighborhood. I just noticed another large one on the way to the neighborhood post office the other day. Plus the number of RVs in the neighborhood has tripled in the last few weeks. That is because it is no longer freezing at night. The homeless do not want to stay in shelters when the weather is warmer.

A lot of larger RV owners use Airbnb.com to earn income. They are usually set up on a private lot or driveway and monthly rentals get reduced rates.

Latest posts