San Diego Newbie

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raged

Reaction score
Picked up a 1998 Ford E250. Prepping the van has taken longer than anticipated. Looking to hire someone to do insulation and a floor.

What would be a good place on the forum to post a help wanted thread?

Thanks!

Welcome Raged to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Building my van out has taken way longer then I originally anticipated. But I have gone entire months where I did no work at all on it. I don't know what your skills are or if you have a place to work on the van but one thing I did learn during the build is that I can learn how to do things I didn't think I could do. I took it one step at a time and learned each subject as I needed. I am neither an electrician, carpenter, woodworker, plumber. But I'm glad that I took the time to learn all I could and do the build myself. If something goes wrong I'll know exactly what it is and what it will take to fix it.

Slightly different topic, but there's a vanlife gathering on Fiesta Island the first Saturday of November where you can check out other vans and talk with other people doing the same thing, or who have done the same thing.

Do you have power tools? Electricity? A place a fellow vandweller could park/crash? If so, I could help.

The Ryobi battery operated kits have just about every power tool you'd need, and there is a 12v battery charging option.

DLTooley said:
The Ryobi battery operated kits have just about every power tool you'd need, and there is a 12v battery charging option.

Cool, but what about a place to park?

I'm in Ventura at the moment, but it would be no big deal to go to San Diego. I like that place.

I am in San Diego also ... but I do not have any van building skills. The gathering at Fiesta Island looks interesting!

For years I have scoffed at the Ryobi power tool sets.
More recently I have been advised by more than a few full time construction workers they get the job done and keep on tickin.
just sayin' ... wheels