Safety on Forums

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drifted_Cowboy, I didn't bother to read the whole post.

Once the author started blaming the forum problems on people with mental disorders on medications the article became instantly absurd.

If the problem was people with psychiatric disorders it would be more likely those not on meds that were the problem.

Even more likely the problem is people who need to garner attention for themselves with nonsensical, unrelated, meaningless posts.

Please, feel free to offer your opinion with regard to the blog post. DO NOT, under any circumstances, malign anyone or group of people in your response.

cyndi said:
Drifted_Cowboy, I didn't bother to read the whole post.

Once the author started blaming the forum problems on people with mental disorders on medications the article became instantly absurd.

If the problem was people with psychiatric disorders it would be more likely those not on meds that were the problem.

Even more likely the problem is people who need to garner attention for themselves with nonsensical, unrelated, meaningless posts.

Please, feel free to offer your opinion with regard to the blog post. DO NOT, under any circumstances, malign anyone or group of people in your response.

Awww shucks. You missed the best part. I remember reading somewhere about critic thinking and critical reading and how they correlated very well. I can't quite place the link but I'm sure the info is bouncing around out there. Somewhere.

Drifted_Cowboy, are you a witch? Not judging. Looking to pick your brain if you are.

I have a valued friends who is into that. I sent her what I thought was a pretty silver pendant for her BY that seemed to offend her because it had a piece of what I thought was very interesting carved petrified wood. It would be handy to have someone I could run things by.

I didn't go looking for petrified wood. We just happened to be by the Petrified Forest area by Meteor Crater.

Oops. BY should be BD (birthday).

I am sure everyone currently on here is an adult. They should have a clue on how to avoid becoming troll bait.

Since this forum has several excellent "babysitters" most of the things to watch out for here are tinfoil ideas (and bitter angry posters). I have found that the best cure is the IGNORE button.

It's amazing what people will do when they are anonymous. I read the article, and pretty much agree with it. I joined an atheist forum once, and was terribly mistreated. The idiots were accusing me of having multiple ids, and they said I was moving around the country. I told them that whatever method they were using to track ip addresses was faulty. What a bunch of sad, maladjusted people. There's a harmonica forum that won't allow any discussion of certain types of harmonicas. I'm the only person on this forum who has divulged his identity. One thing the article points out is the fact that forums exist to make money. They can have whatever rules they want, as long at they're politically correct. The rules are totally arbitrary.

HarmonicaBruce said:
I'm the only person on this forum who has divulged his identity.

What's your point?

Many of us know each other in real life. There's no need to divulge identity.

Other's have blogs and facebook connections that reveal their identity.

And there's Bob, who clearly tells everyone who he is.

I got the impression it was the harmonica forum he was referring to.

Thanks, GotSmart!

My apologies, Bruce, if that's the case

There are several threads on this forum probing for pics of you, your dog, your rig name, etc. Answer none of them ; ).

I can absolutely guarantee that if you post a picture of your dog here, I will use it to hack into your credit card, bank account and your piggy bank under your underwear! :)
Bob

ha ha, so it's a pic of my dog they are after. good thing I didn't post his full name. highdesertranger

It's not just pictures of your dog that will get you.....

never, never, never, never, never use your real name or put your picture anywhere on the internet.

ummmm, oooops, I've been doing it for 9 years. Horrible things must have happened to me, but I can't remember any right now. When I remember them, I'll post them here.
Bob