RV Wet Bath

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsgirl81

Reaction score
I been looking for a company that sells RV wet baths. Does anyone know any good resources? Thanks so much :)

I'm sure you want NEW but have you checked out some RV grave yards to see if you can Pick/Pull one???

^
I would be open to a nice used one, I went to call the only RV salvage I know of in PA and it seems they have closed so I been looking for new but cant seem to find any sites that sell them.

Godsgirl81 said:
I would be open to a nice used one, I went to call the only RV salvage I know of in PA and it seems they have closed so I been looking for new but cant seem to find any sites that sell them.
A long time ago I saw a new one that had been removed from a pop-up on eBay.  They are really scarce.  If you are up to doing your own work, do a search for rv shower pan.  Some of the sites have tiny ones that would fit a vintage trailer or a van.

Get a "kiddy pool" a put together frame with a plastic insert just make sure you put something soft under to prevent punctures. I personally do not enjoy baths but I have one to cool off in.

You could also call sports mobile and ask if you can buy one of theirs

I built my own. I bought an RV shower pan online. Then framed out the opening to fit it. I covered the walls with FRP panels that I bought at home depot. All in all it came out pretty nice. It looks and works just like an RV wet bath. Which is pretty much how a lot of them are built. They just put in a shower pan and cover the walls with a waterproof material. Probably a lot easier then you think and a lot cheaper for sure.

I saw a video of a guy who did it with wood and put a boatbuilder's varnish or shellac on it.  It looked weird to have a wooden shower, but he had been a professional boat builder and said there were no worries using wood if you sealed it properly.  So apparently you can get it done quite cheaply.

What typically is referred to as a wet bath is a toilet and shower all in one, like the one im my Aliner.

2movay1.jpg

It usually consists of a Thetford cassette toilet like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thetford-3...ash=item1ca8609bf9:g:C1wAAOSw~OVWxg1n&vxp=mtr

It is mounted adjacent to a shower pan like the one in the link. Then it is enclosed in in at least a partial shower enclosure with faucets and a wand mounted shower head facing the toilet so one may sit on the toilet with the lid down and shower if there is limited headroom, or stand if the headroom is sufficient. https://www.ebay.com/p/Lippert-Comp...m=302722672573&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Chip

Slim Potatohead on youtube made his own shower in his A-liner pop up. I'm going to copy his. He also has a cassette toilet that can be removed from the area if need be. Just search youtube for his Shower part 1 and 2 and Shower Revisited as he tweaked his shower set up some. He did this with cheap NEW materials and for some reason, I don't want a used toilet. But that's just me. I bet you can make one like his for less than buying a used set up.

Latest posts