RV Temperature monitoring device for pets.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimble Wireless

Reaction score
Hi all,

Try nimble RV Pet Temperature monitor. It can alert when the temperature inside the RV increases or decreases. You can get SMS, email alerts. And best you can track your RV where it is parked right from your mobile phone. 

rvpetsafety.com

How about explaining the item and telling a price instead of just seagulling an advertisement?

Nimble RV Temperature Monitoring Sensor(Verizon) $199 plus $14.99 a month and only runs on Verizon.

verizon-usa-t25.png

GotSmart said:
How about explaining the item and telling a price instead of just seagulling an advertisement?

Yes sure, my bad. I thought I can re-direct to the site which has detailed explanation. Anyway the product features real-time text and email alerts when pets left inside the car/RV are in a critical temperature. You can view your car/RV temperature on the go using the accompanying mobile application. The device can also guide you to the car/RV with the built in GPS sensor.

Many members here have limited access, and someone stopping by to leave only a link without any explanation is not only rude, it is spamming.  

Will this work in the Southwest, such as AZ or NM? North West OK? Southern Nevada? Utah and West Colorado?  Many members are there in the summer.  How about other states and phone carriers? Do you have to have verizon?

what if you are in an area with no phone signal at all? is that 15 bucks a month a contract? highdesertranger

The goal of this site is to be helpful, and yes this company is hoping to sell us their product--however, it is helpful and that's the main requirement of posting. Just like I let Renogy post because it was helful, I'm glad to let them post.

Like all posters, it's expected you will treat them with respect. Constructive criticism is one thing, disrespect is another. Tread lightly, there is a human being writing their posts and deserves courtesy.

If you look at their website it does require a $15 a month subscription, but you can email them and put it on hold.

My question is, does the $15 mainly got to Verizon to cover the Verizon subscription or is that coming out of my data plan? If it comes out of my data plan how many gigs will that be?

I spend a whole lot more on my dog than $15 a month and it would not be a deal breaker for me.
Bob

Bob, 

If this has the same holes as the Verizon system it would only be of limited use.  

In some areas it could be extremely valuable.  If it saves one pet~~~ priceless.  

But the web site does not answer all the questions. 

He shows up at 1AM and leaves a generic sales pitch.   :huh:  

I have family with Verizon in N~Ca, and they have a lot of dead zones not shown on the service map.  My cat is more important than a phone call  If I spend $200 plus, I would like to know what I buy will do the job.

Hopefully tomorrow they will answer our questions. That's why they are welcome, to clarify issues like those.
Bob

Inquireing potential customers want to know.  :D

GotSmart said:
Bob, 

If this has the same holes as the Verizon system it would only be of limited use.  

In some areas it could be extremely valuable.  If it saves one pet~~~ priceless.  

But the web site does not answer all the questions. 

He shows up at 1AM and leaves a generic sales pitch.   :huh:  

I have family with Verizon in N~Ca, and they have a lot of dead zones not shown on the service map.  My cat is more important than a phone call  If I spend $200 plus, I would like to know what I buy will do the job.
Verizon is a bit sketchy for my taste, but it does work in most places I've been. In a few places where Verizon phones are flakey, this thing has worked. i found that out by chance. But I have been in a few places where it got no reception. I have ATnT, so I have to use their app, and that updates only every 30 minutes, so when I arrive at say... a park. I need to set it up and wait up to 30 minutes until it updates to see if I have reception (there are bars, like on a phone). If there is, I'm golden. If not, then I go back to checking the RV every 2 hours to make sure my pup isn't baking. The $19 per month service plan (that's if you pay it monthly) can be discontinued or reinstalled as you travel, so if you're not traveling, or in my case, not going to be anywhere warm, you just suspend the service. The customer service/tech support SUCKS, I have to say. Based in India and very limited and badly translated English. They try, but I hope as time goes on and this product gains the market it deserves (it really is a good product), their tech support will improve.

For that price, you can almost buy a Maxxair 7000k, that will automatically open and turn the fan on at an appropriate speed. I set mine to blow air in, as my dog likes the couch directly under it. That way she gets the coolest air possible, then it goes to cool the rest of the van.

If I have any doubt about pet comfort I don't leave them unattended.

Here's a DIY version of an air conditioner thermostat that can turn the A/C on and off and also broadcast it's readings over the internet so you can read your temperature and humidity remotely: 

Video by JYDOG, a member here.  Check out his box truck camper conversion videos, it's a sweet rig!

I was watching a video by YouTuber's Technomadia. In the video they talked about using an IP camera in their rig pointed at a thermometer. You should be able to access such a camera by connecting it to the Internet. If Internet service is not available from your phone (if you have a cell booster in your rig the video/image may be transmitted by your IP camera to the Internet but your phone without a booster may have no Internet service) you could try connecting to your rig's WIFI router and view the thermometer video/image while in relatively close proximity to your rig. A big downside of this is bandwidth usage assuming you push the video to the Internet. You could probably set the camera to take and post an image every 5 minutes or so to decrease your bandwidth usage. If there is no option to include a timestamp in the video/image you could capture an image of a thermometer plus a clock to know you're looking at the current temperature.

In my opinion this should be a fail safe and something like the Fan-tastic Vent with a thermostat should be set to run when the temperature reaches a set point.

If you have steadily available Internet access, Canary makes a camera that will send your smart phone an alert when the temperature gets hotter than a particular threshold (also monitors air quality and humidity). It is spendy, but I got one for myself years ago and have found that I really like it.

I should note that I am a semi-nomadic pet/house sitter who doesn't full time in a vehicle. I use my Canary to monitor the home I am pet/house sitting whenever I have to leave it. No reason that "home" cannot be a vehicle and use the tool the same way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts