RV Sizes for newbies

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really spiffy, congrats!

VanLifeCrisis said:
Nice, lotsa storage.  Does the couch fold into a bed?

yes it does .... and dinette offers option as well ...  as I said not what I set out to buy ... but thought it was safer and more practical to start small ... the big rigs are nice but too stressful for this newbie ...

A lot of us that have had big rigs went smaller, but most times you just don't know till you try different ways and places to live in order to find what you like. Enjoy the journey!

bullfrog said:
A lot of us that have had big rigs went smaller, but most times you just don't know till you try different ways and places to live in order to find what you like.  Enjoy the journey!

Thank you ...  I tend to like options ... so definitely moving out of my house ...  but by going smaller also gives me option of moving to some place much smaller and easing into full time RVing ... doing week or month long trips initially .. and if I find this way too small ... after a yr ... I can always go bigger ..

I think you'll like the size. I have a 27ft fifth wheel which is more than enough space for one person and two dogs but it's what I bought to live on the ranch I managed a couple of years ago. I do very well road-tripping out of the back of my truck and sleeping in the back seat for several weeks at a time. I very much doubt you will decide to go bigger once you've got used to the size and pared down your belongings

I had good luck with this style as it mounted directly to the plate. It became a slight issue when I added a trailer, but, it wasn't that hard to mount higher up. Just drilled a few small holes and siliconed the screws.The unit worked well, although I'd have preferred a larger monitor.
https://www.amazon.com/Peak-PKC0RB-3-5-Inch-Wireless-Back-Up/dp/B001W6LGGS

the beauty is the amount of choices. (or maybe not)  :) for example....

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safe...a-systems/wireless-backup-camera-systems.html

By the way... slick little rig. Enjoy.

akrvbob said:
I'd suggest the smallest Class C you can find. 18 foot would be my first choice, 20 the second, 22 the third, and so on.

Why, you'll get the basic comfort you want but easiest driving, best MPG, better reliabiity, fit in most parking lots. Oddly, the small one will be hardest to find.

you were so right .. the smallest are hardest to find and oddly enough more expensive .. guess it is a supply in demand .... I got a little one ..

VanLifeCrisis said:
Nice, lotsa storage.  Does the couch fold into a bed?

here is the back of it

Attachments

• travel lite inside bk dr.jpg
    travel lite inside bk dr.jpg
    136.7 KB
nice. I like the ceiling. I am not a fan of graphics but I like that they painted the rims turquois. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
nice.  I like the ceiling.  I am not a fan of graphics but I like that they painted the rims turquois.  highdesertranger
I do also that is what sold me on the rig ... makes it different ...  usually see wood headliners on spiffy van and utility trailer  conversions .. and it shows that the previous owner put love into it ...

[quote pid='259009' dateline='1485638895']
Class Bs are a good size for a single person, a bit crowded for two. Class Cs come in all lengths but the shorter ones, 23 - 26' are the most versatile.  Some manufactures have started making short class As too so if any are available look at them too.
[/quote]

I am going looking again this week .... I will look at some of the small class A's as you suggested.   thank you