Rv life vancouver BC Beginner

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaDoesArt

Reaction score
Hello friends! I'm looking to get into an rv pretty soon here! I was wondering if any 9f u living the urban life  have opinions about size of vehicle...  a campervan feels to small so I was thinking a 19 foot or 21 ft rv... or even 25 foot but concerned about parking it

Welcome Anna to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

BTW I moved your thread to the "Newcomers corner"

highdesertranger

It might be a good thing to go down to the beach there in van city and talk with the nomads that are already doing it. Most of them do vans, but at least you can actually talk to some people and get one on one feedback. Don't make any fast choices, but eventually you'll know what is right for you.

Hi Anna. It exciting that you're looking for an rv! Sorry I don't have much to add there but when I saw Vancouver I wondered if you are familiar with Chrome. His channel on YouTube is Van City Van Life and you might find some useful ideas and info there. Not specific to rvs though. You might also go to Meetup and find a meeting where you could ask more questions of people who are in rvs. Or go to Youtube and search for rv life or something. Good luck and have fun with it...:)

Not doing urban life, but I can tell you that even a regular sized cargo van can be difficult to park! Some parking lots, especially older ones, can be tricky to navigate for anything larger than a regular passenger car. 

My usual practice is to park out in the farthest reaches and drive through two facing spots, so I don't have to use reverse to get out. This usually means that my van's rear is intruding about a foot into the second space, which leaves enough room in that second space for a small car. You will often see people with larger rigs taking up three or more spaces side-to-side, across the lines. I don't think anyone cares as long as there are plenty of spaces in the parking lot. But - it's not very stealthy, if that's a concern.

Good luck with your adventures!

jacqueg said:
My usual practice is to park out in the farthest reaches and drive through two facing spots, so I don't have to use reverse to get out.

I do that with my van for two reasons: it's easier on the old transmission and I need the excercise.