RTR 2014 Quartzsite Arizona pictures etc

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseyc

Reaction score
We're having our first group meeting happening now at Quartzsite.

That's Bob our fearless leader heading up the meeting.

Anyone is welcome to also post RTR pics to this thread.

The ranger just came by in his pickup truck telling every one to get their 14 day permit pass, he just finished recording everyone's license plates.

Attachments

• IMG_20140108_111551.jpg
    IMG_20140108_111551.jpg
    118.3 KB
Hi Jay! You're welcome. It's getting a little warm now. Gonna find some shade soon. Cactus trees don't offer much shade I found out the hard way, haha!

BTW: Don't leave trash with food lying outside overnight. I learned this the hard way when some animal (a wolf??) tore apart a trash bag last night from the scent of an empty bacon package.

LOL, Casey, it was more likely a neighbor's dog that was let out during the night....or a coyote. Not likely to have been wolf.
If ya put the trash bag on top of the van the crows will scatter it also. Another "bad guy" is the packrat. Those rodents can make a mess of things and steal small things. Found a nest once with a fork, a nice ring, and a few other bobbles.

Sux that you had a mess to clean up, but lesson learned by you and other boondockers.

A perfect Tee shirt day in the desert :D
Today blueberry picked us up to go out for chilli pot dinner at the RTR camp. We had a nice time meeting some of the folks we see here on the forum. Its nice putting a face with a name, LOL. Everyone was very friendly and warm.

Bob showed his culinary skills by mixing cans of every brand of chilli that was brought to the table...a few personal touches and he presented a pretty darn good dinner with plenty for seconds. There was also veggie style. The area hosts (great couple) came by with some great cornbread and she even wrote out a few permits for those who had arrived the last day or so. There was a table of plenty, including chocolate covered cake. Everyone looked well satisfied after the meal.

IMAG1060.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1060.jpg
    IMAG1060.jpg
    454.2 KB
I'm glad I was able to go to RTR. I met a lot of friendly folks there. As some of you may have figured out by now, I already left to go back home the other day. I had only planned on staying for 1 week unfortunately. Hope to catch you all again next time! -Casey

These are either sunset or sunrise pics from the campsite, I don't remember which.

Another sunset pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20140112_161714.jpg
    IMG_20140112_161714.jpg
    50.1 KB
  • IMG_20140112_161804.jpg
    IMG_20140112_161804.jpg
    354.6 KB
  • IMG_20140112_162926.jpg
    IMG_20140112_162926.jpg
    328.2 KB
Hi Gang,
A few pics from the Winter RTR Tire Seminar.
Great info. !!

rtr_tireseminar.JPG rtr_tireseminar-02.JPG rtr_tireseminar-03.JPG

Attachments

• rtr_tireseminar.JPG
    rtr_tireseminar.JPG
    196.9 KB
  • rtr_tireseminar-02.JPG
    rtr_tireseminar-02.JPG
    214.2 KB
  • rtr_tireseminar-03.JPG
    rtr_tireseminar-03.JPG
    173.8 KB
Trainman said:
Hi Gang,
Great info. !!

Hi Trainman,
We weren't there for the seminar, but heard folks were instructed in plugging a flat tire out in the boonies, proper air pressure, date codes, and other useful info.
Kudos to all the presenters for sharing their experience.

Too bad I'm not there. :-( I would have done a small segment on gadgets, haha! :)

The Tire Plugging training was awesome! My friend Forrest brought a junk tire and wheel and we got to stab it and then plug it repeatedly. Good to get out the aggresion!!

Very helpful informtion as I suspect very few of us had seen a tire plugged before. Very simple and helpful.
Bob

Trainman said:
Hi Gang,
Great info. !!

Forest, that is one fancy hubcap:s

Latest posts