Route 66

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfShadows

Reaction score
Anybody remember the 60's TV show  Route 66 ? It was a nomadic social realization program. The series is streaming on HULU. Good story line.

Sure wish I was on the old Route 66 road right now.

Yes, I remember the old show too.

Hmmm, Moving around nomadically, no cell phone WIFI or internet. Working odd jobs in various cities and moving on to the next. I forget what they were saving their money for.

Don't forget "Then came Bronson".  He did it on a harley.

Route 66 is definitely on my itinerary. And I do remember the show, although I was too young to watch it before reruns. (Born in '66) I hope to have less trouble on Route 66 than they did!

I always wondered where they got the money for a new Corvette every year. I wonder If I could get Chevrolet to sponsor my life.

I tried to find Rte 66 on the map, but about the only part left is a short byway from Seligman going past Kingman AZ. The rest is freeway anymore. After Kingman, be sure to go to Oatman, great fun, eat lunch at the historic Oatman Hotel. If you're in a big rig, however, do **NOT** take the Sitgreaves Pass road under any condition, rather come in from the west via Hwy 95.

I love 66 and have traveled what's left of it more than a couple times. It's always a thrill to see a town trying to restore itself to its glory days.

I had forgotten about the show. Having limited data sucks.

Does Hulu allow you to download?

QinReno said:
I tried to find Rte 66 on the map, but about the only part left is a short byway from Seligman going past Kingman AZ.

There's actually a great deal more of it left than that!

BUT, the only way I found all the rest of the parts was by buying a EZ Guide to Route 66 (I think that was the title). It had a mile by mile and turn by turn guide to the highway and a great listing of all the interesting places along the way. The route actually changed over the years so the guide sometimes had up to 3 alternative routes for you to take! i highly recommend getting the guide! There was one stretch I did that once I got the guide I read that it was part that should be skipped - yep, shoulda - broke a brand new shock on that section... :rolleyes:

I did it in the spring of 2017 on my way back to Ontario. Completed all but the first 100 miles from LA and the last 40 in to Chicago.

As an alternative try route 50 which is a quiet two lane that runs from Sacramento to the Eastern shore of Maryland. Mostly small towns and a few big cities you have to Wade through. That is if you're not in a hurry

Bobflhtc said:
As an alternative try route 50 which is a quiet two lane that runs from Sacramento to the Eastern shore of Maryland. Mostly small towns and a few big cities you have to Wade through. That is if you're not in a hurry
Nomadic Fanatic and his cat just finished doing the entire Lincoln Highway journey west to east on July 23, following much of Rte 50. Started March 24.
https://www.youtube.com/user/nomadicfanatic/videos

Latest posts