An Interview

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allancw

Reaction score
This is my last try:

Hi Bob (not easy finding your email address),

I’ll give you more detailed cv. Below but to get to the point: While viewing your ‘Quote #12’ I realized you maybe should interview me on your Youtube channel. I’ve been on the road for over 7 years and, given my background and my current return to photography (after writing three books and many screenplays, plus having made a documentary film, etc.), your subscribers might enjoy my take on the nomad life. Here is a slide show I did, titled ‘The Art of the Boondock’:

https://rumble.com/vldngp-august-18...n9Q4dy5ARZ3KDcH9KigOVY9YqiIITgxMFcnbvPIolcrTo

I’m at Quartzsite and will be here until the spring (getting dental at Algodones) and figure you might pass through here. (I’m at La Posa West). I’m with my dog in a 27 ft class C.

You can check out my books by googling me or (better) seeing the reviews at Amazon. Just plug my name into their book section.

I’m a writer with three books in print: A cult-hit autobiographical novel called Cosmic Banditos and two memoirs, In Search of Captain Zero; A Surfer’s Road Trip Beyond the End of the Road and my latest, Can't You Get Along With Anyone? A Writer’s Memoir and a Tale of a Lost Surfer’s Paradise. The first two have been bought for the movies, by John Cusack (with New Crime Productions) and Sean Penn (with Radar Pictures) respectively. Point being, Cusack and Penn both wanted to play me (a younger version, as I’m 73 now) in the movies.

In both deals I was hired on as screenwriter. 

I am also a journalist plus a photojournalist; I’ve done articles and spreads for magazines as diverse as Men’s Journal (including a cover photo), Smithsonian (a 13 page spread), The Surfer’s Journal, Popular Photography, and American Cowboy. In my last memoir (CYGAWA) appeared the long version of an investigative piece I did for Men’s Journal in 1997; an expose of the truth behind the murder of American expat Max Dalton in outback Costa Rica. 

I was a ‘Hollywood writer’ for over twenty years. I was one of the initial staff writers on Miami Vice; I was also on staff for Crime Story, Michael Mann’s follow up TV series. I went on to write the screenplay for Beer, a Robert Chartoff (Rocky, The Right Stuff, Raging Bull, etc, etc) production, from my original idea, a comedy about a beer advertising campaign that gets out of hand. 

I made a good living in Hollywood right into the mid 1990s, then, for personal, aesthetic reasons, I decided to get back to living life; then I wrote some books. What I’m proudest of: In well over 300 Amazon.com reader reviews, my books average just below five stars (4.7); I’ve not come across another writer who is as well thought of by real readers. 

So, Bob, that’s my story, in brief. Let me know if you want to get together. [size=x-small][email protected] or 631 461 6409, but email is best.[/size]

Allan Weisbecker

I would love to see an interview with you. I bet will stretch to a few episodes. You had an interesting life.

Your timing is off.

Fall and early winter is slammed to the wall time for all the HOWA board members including Bob Wells. They just finished the van build and giveaway. The caravans are just starting up again. They are working very hard in anticipation of being able to hold an RTR and WRTR this winter season. All of those activities also require videos being made for information updates.

WOW Allan  :heart:  I’m SURE you will eventually be interviewed by Bob !!!

Looks like you’re having an amazing adventure… should be made into a movie !

Low chance of catching Bob's attention here on the Forum. His last visit was in March. Last post in 2019.

Guy

That's funny. So jabbing him about rubberized chicken ala microwave has no effect on him? Funny. Live and learn.

gsfish said:
Low chance of catching Bob's attention here on the Forum. His last visit was in March. Last post in 2019.

Guy
Yup, and if this is the 'last try area' we can only wish the OP alot of luck LOL