Roll Call - Fall 2015

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OpenSpaceman said:
The plan is to give a months notice at the job around Nov. 20th. I've been there eight years in good standing and don't want to burn any bridges. 

I plan on hitting the road around Dec. 20th towards Quartzsite...from Wisconsin for the RTR, planning on heading through Iowa > Kansas > New Mexico > AZ. 

The plan is to do 3 or 4 hrs. a day. Any suggestions from you guys/gals who've recently driven from the Midwest to AZ are greatly appreciated.

At that time of year you might want to think about going south as fast as you can until you hit reasonable warm weather and then slowing down to the 3 or 4 hours a day cruising speed... :)

I am leaving the frozen north weather permitting on 12/15.

Staying at DuPuis WMA from 12/24 to 1/10.

Then going to NPS Flamingo 1/11 to 1/25. They say it can get down to almost 60 degrees there overnight in January if a cold front actually makes it that far south.

Then north and west back up through Big Cypress Preserve to Fort Myers, then north to Inverness for a month arriving back north before Easter Sunday.

http://www.nps.gov/ever/planyourvisit/flamcamp.htm

flamingo-sign.jpg

Florida_Bay_at_Flamingo.JPG

Almost There said:
At that time of year you might want to think about going south as fast as you can until you hit reasonable warm weather and then slowing down to the 3 or 4 hours a day cruising speed... :)

Thanks was just tryin' to avoid Illinois. Not a fan of driving through there with the tolls and corrupt traffic ticket cameras.

We are currently working on getting to TX. Stuck in this deluge and finding every leak the previous owner said didn't exist. After that we get the gas money together to see all of you at Q and RTR.

House is up for sale. We will be in Q for sure early January for RTR. Hopefully the house will be gone and we will be homeless and full timing it from then onward, at least till we get tired of it. Camper is ready except for the solar I want to add to it.

Gregg