Bicycle camper trailers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelittledragon72

Reaction score
I am making, or should I say finishing the first of four that I have on blocks. And my first design is small for travel. And storage needs. But if you don't have a home. Then it's ok because it's 28gage steel. But only 3' long and 22-1/2 wide. Intell you fold it out. Then it 6' long, the hitch from the trailer to the bike is a two piece set up. So when camping you used each for the two ends for a tarp n bungee cord across the top. And for the bed I used metal cross the inside of the trailer that hook into a slaut. With wood long ways. But trying out some padded parts for that, and sitting on it with metal flat bar makes it bend a bit like a spring. So putting it inside is easy with still needing to store a couple bags and other stuff like a 20" Bmx bike. And if you don't like the area your in take city bus/grey hound/train/plane/trolley/car/truck/or bike some where else in the world because when folded up it looks just like a luggage with wheels on the bottom. Just better wheels then most luggage you've seen. And to top all that off you can break in it enless you got a grinder, but has flex seal for finish. Called "The Zero" because being a black sheep out there struggling to survive I got rained on. And didn't like that, plus not being able to search for a job. Or guard my stuff with out carrying a big homeless guy back pack in for an interview. Now my down fall is my uprising. And I now have five designs, and five sizes. They cost good money to build. But the Zero is the lowest. Just think going to the beach and your family's carrying all the stuff. Going through traffic, and not safe on your way to a spot. Let end it this way, I can put two full size surf boards on top and wine, food and other things for the hole weekend trip. And it's small, bit small for two. But it's a rolling love seat for four. And can be lengthened for two in a relationship. With a double slide bolt lock for both sides. Not going any where! Good luck on building

That sounds like a very interest setup. I did have a thought since you mentioned storage. Might not make sense, but who knows.

Keep most of it the same. Except when it unfolds it has ground stabilizers and strong arms you can attach to both ends. Attach a hammock and of course extend your cover.

Really not sure how they would work out for you, but I hear a lot here prefer hammocks. And it might give you extra storage space.

Pics would be awesome.

Good luck!

Electric bikes have made many things practical as weight is less of a concern.