Road Accident with Dog

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivGolden

Reaction score
:(

Well, it happened. A man in a pickup truck rammed into my driver's side as I was turning onto a road and totaled my SUV.

I was taken to the ER and a couple who witnessed the accident had to take my dog. I have multiple injuries and will require surgery. Maybe #2! 

I feel awful for my dog. She appears to be uninsured but will go to the Vet, tomorrow. But she has traumatized and it feels so bad to know it.

The man admitted he was using his phone and did not 'look up' until it was too late for him to be able to stop.

Thankfully, he has insurance. His truck was totaled. So new was it, that it still had the temporary tags on...

Now, my life has changed in a flash and my dog's security is in question.

I really don't know how to manage that. I certainly do not want her to be in a kennel for an extended period of time. I think I'll try to find  a Golden Retriever rescue. Maybe they might be able to hel-.

I have often wondered what I would do with her if I became disabled for any amount of time.

That time is now...and I am not prepared.

I feel so sad about this.  :(

I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're going to be alright. But, what a nightmare!

Maybe someone will be willing to foster her while you recover.

That is tough stuff. Hang in there. Hopefully you are back on the road quickly.

I often worry about my dogs as well, we can’t plan for all emergencies. A golden retriever rescue is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is really awful, so sorry. Surely someone could foster your fur baby until you are able to get back on your feet? And I hope that guy is fully prosecuted so you get compensated for his stupid negligence. If you contact a local vet, they may be able to refer you to a temporary foster home. Hoping the best for you and your recovery.

So sorry to hear that, LivGolden!

I have been through something similar, and my first concern was for my dog. :(

Strangers kept mine until my kids could get to her, just a few days. She wouldn’t leave my side when we were reunited, but otherwise seemed fine.

Maybe the couple who have her can keep her for you, perhaps arrange some visits once you are on the mend? Or maybe there is someone else nearby, contacting a rescue organization even a vet may help you with options.

It is apparent how important she is to you, I hate to see you lose her so hope you can arrange something.

Good luck.

I'm so sorry, Liv, and how I wish I was there at your bedside to help you with anything you might need. What a sudden change of plans. Glad you survived, and your dog too. The Golden Retriever Rescue sounds like the best idea. Tell me if there's anything I can do to help.

LivGolden, may you and yours heal fully and quickly!!! I'm sending you warmest thoughts and intentions, envisioning the best possible outcome.

Regards,
Marcus

Liv - where about are you!

Someone here may be fairly close and might be willing to dog sit for you.

If you don't want it pubilc, PM either me or Cyndi - I know she  has great dog resources at her fingertips.

I am lucky in that I THINK there would be someone that would set up and take care of Max for me in such an event. It would be prudent to set this up as soon as possible so that I KNOW what will happen in the worst case scenario.

I hope you heal fast and that you can find someone to watch the dog while you do so.

good vibes your way. keep us up to date. I hope the dog situation works out. highdesertranger

Good thinking, Almost There!

I belong to a group of people spread far and wide, who are involved with and passionate about dogs. We're vet techs, transporters, rescue, rehab, you name it someone's doing it. It's worth a shot

Hate to hear that but glad your injuries weren't more serious and your dog seems to be ok. Just never know when something like that is going to happen.

Oh no Liv! That’s awful. Maybe cyndi can help.

Wow, Liv, that's terrible. Hope you won't be hit too hard financially, as well as in all the other obvious ways. And I hope you can replace your vehicle soon!

Good luck with your medical care/operations, and your dog! Luckily there do seem to be a lot more dog-friendly people around than their used to be. I hope you find some!

In case someone is willing to house him for a bit. Can you tell us more about the dog? Does he like cats, other dogs? Does he need meds or special food? Hate sirens, thunder? Maybe theres a good fit with a mobile dweller out there.

So sorry for this horrible situation.
Sending prayers for a fast recovery for you and hoping surgery and med troubles go easy for you! Don't worry, you will find a good dog home solution, your Golden rescue is a great way to get her a temp home. Only wishing you the best outcome for everything!!

[size=medium]So sorry to hear of this, please add another to the best wishes list. I just adopted a golden several months ago. So hope you recover soonest and just the right person/heart willingly takes care of your golden til you're back on your feet! [/size]
[size=medium] [/size]