Registration and Insurance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorpio

Reaction score
I'm curious as to how people handle registration and insurance when living out of a vehicle full-time? "They" want physical addresses for these things, this obviously creates a paradox of sorts :huh: . I don't know anyone who would let me use their address for these requirements so I'm really curious as to what others have/are doing and what my options are?

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated  :)

Do a search here in the forum keyword "insurance ".
There are several threads on the subject with lots of suggestions, insurance companies etc.
It mostly depends on the state you choose for your domicile.

Join Escapees at escapees.com or contact them to find your options. Whole books of information are in this forum but they can provide an advisor and special support to get done what you need to do. Get your passport while you still have a physical address as it will make things much easier.

Thank you for a helpful reply! Yes, I was just looking at them. I'm intending on spending most of my time in Texas so I guess that will make my situation a little easier. I'm not quite sure how that works though. Is the forwarding address enough on its own (barring whatever the state requirements for verifying documents)?

Things change so much you will need to check with them. 20 years ago everything worked like clockwork for us as we stayed at there headquarters at Rainbows End in Livingston, Texas a few months. We still are members and use their mail service and probably their care center eventually. Starting out they were life savers.

I will get in touch with them then and see what they have to say in regards to my issue. Thanks again and maybe we'll cross paths in Texas sometime!

You may be able to avoid issues for quite some time so long as you keep everything in your former home State.

I think I was around four years, changing everything over when I decided to start voting in my new area.