Recommendations for Professional Solar Install?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamsack

Reaction score
Hi all,<br>Does anyone know of anyone in the Los Angeles area that can wire together all of my components for the solar set-up?&nbsp; Will a regular electrician be able to do this or should I get someone specifically experienced in solar set-ups?&nbsp; Thanks everyone.<br><br>

Any RV store&nbsp; should be able to do it for you. Have you already bought all the parts? You can save a lot of money by buying everything on the internet and either installing them yourself or paying some else to do it for you. You might go to some local RV Parks and ask at the front desk about mobile RV mechanics. He would come to you and do the install. Check the Yellow Pages also. Bob <br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">Chances are that a regular electrician would not be a good choice as they are trained mostly on 110/220 AC current (house wiring).</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Akrv's suggestion is best.</p>

You could bring it to the RTR, and pay us to do it for you.&nbsp; :)&nbsp; AM solar in Springfield, OR has good reviews, and some people like someone in the slabs.&nbsp; (I forget the name, but he has a web page.)&nbsp; There are several outfits in AZ that do RV solar installs, but I have heard complaints about using too small wire for the panels installed from at least one of them.<br><br>