ISO connecting solar panels to installed wiring

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncagingmyspirit

Reaction score
I'm traveling through Louisiana West, and then north. Does anyone know of solar panel service that has an availability within the next week - 3 weeks?

I have a skoolie bus and all the wiring is already installed. I just need 2 solar panels attached and connected.

Notice that solar panels come with really HEAVY wires, because they pass a lot of current (and up to 80 volts, depending on how you configure them). I certainly hope your "installed wiring" is equally heavy, to avoid any possible fire. Also, be sure to have a fuse in the line.

I started with a circuit breaker instead of a fuse, but it malfunctioned! So now I ONLY use fuses to be safe.

I'm traveling through Louisiana West, and then north. Does anyone know of solar panel service that has an availability within the next week - 3 weeks?

I have a skoolie bus and all the wiring is already installed. I just need 2 solar panels attached and connected.
You might try posting on the Facebook group...Nomads Helping Nomads.