Probably not your typical cheap rvliving persons

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prince of pixels

Reaction score
Hi, my wife and I are selling our house in Hawaii and buying a new sprinter on the mainland. I know, please don’t hate us. The truth is, we hate ‘living in paradise’ and lust for life on the road. What’s wrong with us, right? Well, we love camping more than anything and the adventure that goes along with it, and we’ve decided to jump in with both feet. Like Bob says, living in a house, the house owns you. We have neighbors we don’t talk to unless there’s a problem. We hope that changes on the road. Don’t like sitting here in “paradise” when we’re bored to tears. I hope I see you out there.

Welcome Prince of pixels to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, totally understand about being bored and although there's nice camping areas in paradise it gets old quick when there's not alot of choices and you keep going to the same spots over and over. There's many opportunities here on the mainland, weather permitting.
Hopefully we'll meet on the road someday. Good luck with your adventures and safe travels.

Prince of pixels said:
Don’t like sitting here in “paradise” when we’re bored to tears. I hope I see you out there.
Welcome to the forum Pop and best of luck with all your plans.

The truth (my truth anyway) is that it gets boring everywhere, when you sit there too long.
And the good thing about the mainland is, that it is spread so far and wide, that a lifetime is not enough to see everything in it. Not just the US, the whole shebang!

You guys go for anything ya'll want to do :) You never can go wrong with just that.
yea I would like to visit Hawaii but I also wouldn't wanna live there and be tied down actually so you are cool wanting to wander.....travel wander lust is a real thing, when ya need it, you need it!!

Enjoy your adventures!

Welcome.

There's no such thing as *typical cheap rvliving person*

Sounds like a life-changing decision....and a grand adventure!

Keep us posted...I hear there is this new thing called ...lets see....YouTube? Is that it? yeah that's it...put some stuff up there and let us have a peek!

:D

I am one of those people who are not the average Rvlinving folks. I love exploring small towns and camping. Historic sites draw me in. My hubby loves fishing and finding all the fishing spots he can. I am not fond of fishing, so we compromised. I travel in my mini van and he travels in his Promaster. Every once in a while we travel together. This site has provided valuable information that we both appreciate. To find true success is to find your happy place. Enjoy!! The adventures you’re planning will give you peace and comfort. It will also be a learning curve on what works for you and what does not.

Keep us posted on your new home!

Please tell me you're getting a 4x4 Sprinter!! And show pics!

Welcome! The nice part of living a nomadic lifestyle is you can leave anytime and pretty much go where you want. A van can get small and boring if you live in it, much better to live out of it! Hope you guys enjoy and hopefully get to some of the caravans and gatherings. Let us know where you are headed so you don't miss anything!

Prince of pixels said:
just sayin'
your title to your thread offends some or they offer big diff on your title....heck ask the mods to change the title to 'we are off on the road and lovin' it' and you never 'offend the ''not so typical' van dwellers or the typical lifestyle or those walking in between the class Bs to vans to Rvs and motorhomes :)
yes it is that sad some jump on something so innocent as you posted but it is what it is on this forum.  a great forum for info but oh challenged on wording sometimes?  

and there are typical cheaprv people and typical cheap van people and typical categories that allow some of us 'on the road' people to be categorized into.....cause people love labels HA Most of us fit a box but how dare you say it LOL

I couldn't say I would enjoy a brand new Sprinter van. I enjoy what I have, and most people do because it's their home. At the end of the day, the vehicle is just a vehicle, one which enables the lifestyle you have. Whether you're into this lifestyle by choice or by force, it's still a lifestyle we all share. Nobody here is typical, throw the judgements aside, welcome and enjoy whatever you got!

Some people may always be offended just because.

Welcome to the adventure.

The only "rule" I've seen here, and one that I can remember easily, it's not hard and fast, is "Cindy's Rule of Twos".

Drive for two hours.
Setup camp by 2PM.
Stay for two weeks.

Sometimes the rule has to be bent according to circumstances. More pragmatic, than dogmatic.

I deleted all of the bickering posts and the ones that no longer made sense after the other posts were gone. You guys are always so good at welcoming people so please welcome Prince of pixels!

I left Kauai to explore the mainland. No sprinter tho-- I live in an egg.

The typical here on this forum is just people doing their own thing in their own way with however much or little they have.

Aloha nui loa -- E komo mai!

wayne49 said:
Some people may always be offended just because.

Welcome to the adventure.

The only "rule" I've seen here, and one that I can remember easily, it's not hard and fast, is "Cindy's Rule of Twos".

Drive for two hours.
Setup camp by 2PM.
Stay for two weeks.

Sometimes the rule has to be bent according to circumstances. More pragmatic, than dogmatic.

I try to follow that rule when I'm traveling. I use "200 miles" instead of "two hours" though. 200 miles comes out to about 3 hours, so it's not that much different. But I try to not to camp too close to large cities, which often requires the whole 200 miles to get from one side of a city to the other.

Anyhow, welcome Prince of Pixels. There's no reason to judge here. All of us are different people with different lifestyles. Personally I'm a part timer, traveling about 3-4 months a year. Others are full timers. I'd even say half of the people on this board live in sticks and bricks, but just fantasize about being on the road, feel like they might have to do it out of necessity, or are just here out of curiosity.

Cheers.

Again welcome to the forum. As to following a rule of how far to go and when to set up camp and how long to stay. That’s not for me, the thing I like about being a nomad is if I see something interesting I stop. If I hear of something interesting I change plans immediately. I even Follow roads I don’t know just for fun. To each his own, but I left structure behind for a reason, it’s boring to be structured. In my own humble opinion and as I constantly stress I am the worlds best expert on my own opinion.?