Power stations

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lab_nomad

Reaction score
I'm not full-time, but I can see the need to charge my devices bc even one night in the van drains them down. 

I was thinking a power station would be good for me at this time. I was looking at Bluetti, but I can't find info on whether you can charge the bluetti by plugging into a regular house outlet. I know you can with the jackery, but I prefer to get a bluetti.

If it is just a couple devices why not try a Ryobi power station and a couple of 9ah 18 volt batteries that can be charged with their vehicle battery charger or/and with a 120 volt charger? There are lots of other Ryobi products you can use the batteries in as well. Get it at Home Depot with a warranty that is nation wide. A deep storage battery and a good 120 volt charger with a 100 watt portable solar suitcase would also work and probably last much longer and be more serviceable than the power stations. The problem I had with power stations is they didn't last or hold up for very long before some part or storage battery got damaged or quit working. Not that the Ryobi is anywhere near a quality product but with easy nation wide warranty it is good value.

Thanks. I have a battery pack coming from Amazon. The reviews were good and one person said they charged their phone multiple times before it needed to be recharged. I'll see how it does.

Yeah I have tried several different ways. For a long time I carried a jumper pack but the one time I needed it for my use to jump start my car I had run it too low to do so charging other things! Lol!!! The best solution for me and the cheapest turned out to be the Ryobi stuff as I already had the batteries (which is the most expensive part) and I still use them except I use my solar system to charge them now mainly.