Possible to use an EV charger...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have always been lots of places where you could access the grid even for free you just have to know who to ask and where to look. It isn’t easy unless you have a lot of local knowledge. Around here many plugins are available for bass boat trolling motor recharging and at fish cleaning stations for electric knives. Cold weather parking for diesels with block heaters at motels or truck parking areas. Power Stations have made things easier as you can charge them when the opportunity arises. My understanding is EV charging costs and with their scarcity camping there hooked up would be frowned upon although I have noticed truck stops offering full hook ups for RVs lately, only like $68 a night! lol!!! Personally I think a hybrid vehicle with an inverter would be the way to go! Carry a nice tent and an extension cord you will be all set! If Toyota comes out with their little hybrid truck for $10,000 or even less than $20,000 in the USA I may look to buy a used one in 5 years!

Last edited: