Poll are you retired?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you retired?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mobilesport

Reaction score
I thought I would try a poll because I noticed alot of people seem to be retired and rving and I was curious about the actual numbers of retirees.
Its nice to know that there's all the wisdom here that the older folk bring

Nope, got 6 years till I can...Then I'm going to.....volunteer to work with underprivileged puppies, kittens, cats and dogs...They need more petting than 500 hands could do, but I'll do what I can!

Nope! Not even close. I'm 41 and love what I do for a living! I have no intention of stopping anytime in the near future.

Retired at 55. Almost 62 now. looking forward to the pay raise, (Social Security). Might be able to buy a nice van.

I have been partially retired for years and according to the doctors, fully retired now. We shall see.

I'm retiring by the end of the summer. I've been self employed for the past 32 years, and always had planned on just slowing down.
But my wife of 28 years has called it quits, she's buying half the house off of me, I'm buying half the T-250 3.5 long/tall off of her, and shutting down shop.
Couldn't be more excited!

I highly recommend the state of retirement to anyone who will listen!! :D 

I retired last year at age 66. I had postponed retirement because there was no point in retiring if I was tied to one spot because of parental care needs. Once I realized that professional staff could do just as well at the chores as I could, I was off and running!

That's not to say that I won't ever work again, but it will be seasonal, temporary, part-time and something like camp hosting....all my years of administrative and sales skills will come in handy. The problem with taking on even a part time job is that I'm not sure where I'd find the time to work, my days are full as it is... :D

DreamTransit1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I\ said:
Couldn't be more excited!

WHATZIT         :huh:         TJB

Tjaybird said:

WELL CRAP ON A CRACKER! I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!      :-/    TJB

I'm 46 and not retired. But I do hope to be on the road by the first of the year and since my monthly expenses should drastically reduce, I'm not going to need to work 40-60 hours a week at a crappy job I hate. hahahha So I won't be retired but I'll be working only here at there at things I hope to enjoy for money to keep my travels going. I did start a business as a digital nomad so if that builds up good then I'll be able to sustain income on the road.

But to the original question/poll. Am I "retired" aka collecting social security? Nope. Twenty more years for that.

Tjaybird said:

2015 Ford Transit long wheelbase extended body high roof cargo van factory deep tint windows all around w/ four flip-outs 3.5 liter Ecoboost .
Two Fantastic Fans, the rest Harbor Freight and Home Depot and used stuff.

I retired From The Marine Corps at 43 and worked 15 years with a private security company. Heart problems made me retire. Have bought and sold a couple of RV's and my youngest daughter has my truck camper. I am not sure I can do the full- time rv living, too damn many doctors and blood tests. A couple of months at a time will probably be my limit.

I retired due to health reasons in 2000.  Would like to work outside the home ...some days just basic needs for 

myself and my little dog are all the "job' I can handle.   Other days are much better.....no pity party at my place!    :)    

I recently saw this while thumbing thru a book in a store and thought how true . 

I intend to put it on my bedroom wall just as a gentle reminder to myself.

" Enjoy Your Life...,,.It Isn't a Dress Rehearsal "

Jewellann and Queenie aka Fat Possum

I consider myself to be semi retired and am not sure whether to take an opportunity to work a job that takes 6 months of my  time for a years pay or not.  (River Boat Cook)  and stay with my web work when home, or use that time to liquidate all of my stuff so that I could work 6 months and travel 4 or 5 months in my Van rig. I'd love to retire as an Expat in Panama (and snowbird to a more northern place like Bermuda in the hot summer months) but if I don't expat I'd like to be around Pensacola, Florida.

It's still hard to see myself just sitting around doing nothing though.

On basically permanent disability, I like to consider myself retired. ..Willy.