Planning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kahkeetsee

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm in the planning stages of my vehicle dwelling future. Currently I have a small car (Kia Rio) that will be paid off next year when I am able to hit the road, but considering a cargo van for more room. No co-pilots or pets going with me, and I'm looking forward to calling the local AmVets truck to come and pick up all of my apartment full of craigslist furniture. I have already begun sorting through mementos (such as pictures) to distribute to my kids, and am very excited. I'm not sure about the length of my vehicle dwelling because it depends on several factors; one being whether or not I am approved for disability. The forums are great and full of ideas, experiences, and tips. I thought I was so original, but now I find that outside of the "traditional RVers", there are thousands like myself. That was an eye-opener. Anyway, thanks for all of the input and hope to see some of you on the road in the future!

Welcome to the group. Actually, you'll find it more like a tribe. Many of us not only chat here, but lots have met in person. We hope to meet you in your travels.

Thanks for the welcome. I like the idea of a tribe, being part Cherokee and Osage :)

Thanks for the welcome. I've been on this site as much as possible since joining, and have had some good advice from a member to get me started. Part of my adventure will be visiting family and friends, some that I haven't had a chance to see in several years, so while I eventually want to see the West and "Slab City", my first points to visit will be Florida (two sisters), Connecticut (father and stepmom), Ohio (Mom and brother), Arkansas (friends and extended family), Missouri (friends), Tennessee (family), Minnesota (friend), Texas (son and friends).....and that's just the beginning.....

kahkeetsee, it sounds like you are out for a great time on a wonderful adventure!! Hope to meet you this winter!
Bob

Hi Kahkeetsee,

I just returned from a winter road trip where I got to visit with many friends and all 4 of my brothers (WA-FL-WA, via AZ). Making these connections is a huge benefit of mobile living for me. Although I'm a part-timer, when on the road I also live out of a car. If you are interested in my set up, check out the right column of my blog for details about how I use my Prius (http://SuanneOnline.blogspot.com). The best to you in your planning; and I hope to see in our future travels.

Welcome to the tribe, Suanne