Planning to transition from "sticks and bricks"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owlie

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm about to enter the next phase of my life ... downsizing once more from home to 2-BR apartment (plus 2 storage units) to Nomad! It's more of a necessity than a choice, but whatever cheap living I could find would not provide the independence and desire for the beauty and natural environment my soul is craving! This will be a huge step and one I am overwhelmed with as I am a senior without relationships to help and support me. It's just me, my dog, and my faith! I've been watching hundreds of hours of #vanlife videos, but mostly Bob's. I hear so many kindred spirits, and have learned more than I can assimilate! You will be seeing me on many of these threads in the upcoming days as I work through deciding on a vehicle and getting ready to live in it. I'm looking forward to meeting you and learning from your experiences!

Congratulations on taking a step towards living the life you want to live! Bob's videos have inspired many people, myself included. I hope you find everything you're looking for, and find the joy in life you seek. Good luck in finding the right kind of vehicle that suits your needs. There is a lot of useful information on these forums. The sticks and bricks lifestyle is becoming harder and harder to maintain, and i hope you find a community of people to share your experience with. Good luck and safe travels!

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi everyone!
I'm about to enter the next phase of my life ... downsizing once more from home to 2-BR apartment (plus 2 storage units) to Nomad! It's more of a necessity than a choice, but whatever cheap living I could find would not provide the independence and desire for the beauty and natural environment my soul is craving! This will be a huge step and one I am overwhelmed with as I am a senior without relationships to help and support me. It's just me, my dog, and my faith! I've been watching hundreds of hours of #vanlife videos, but mostly Bob's. I hear so many kindred spirits, and have learned more than I can assimilate! You will be seeing me on many of these threads in the upcoming days as I work through deciding on a vehicle and getting ready to live in it. I'm looking forward to meeting you and learning from your experiences!
Welcome ! (a late welcome LOL 😂)