Place to overnight option

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMooney

Reaction score
I picked up and delivered classic cars for a company that was in that business. I've went to farms and pulled old cars out of barns by winch with 150 ft of cabe . Etc. These places were sometimes very rural. I've loaded cars in rural areas where I couldnt get there with a 50 ft. Trailer. When I knew I was going to be in such a place I would use  Google Earth to find that information out. You can too. You can search any area before you even get there. One time for example I picked up a classic car that ran. They would hire a wrecker if it didnt. I said the nearest place to the car is certain Church. They were always surprised I knew that. I can load the car there. I met them early on purpose. About every church has the pastor name and phone number. I called him and told him what I wanted to do. He said fine. Churches help people anyway they can just like this forum. So I loaded the car and it was dark . I called the pastor and told him and expressed my thanks. I asked if it would be alright if I stayed the night and slept. Not only did he agree to that but brought me a share of their supper and opened the church for use of the restroom. I made a friend I'll never forget. You dont need to get that involved but I've never been turned down for overnight stay. They  certainly can say no but iver never been told that in several years of doing it. I only did it when I had nothing else and that makes perfect sense to them.