Pirate Camp at Van Aid........Feb. 2022

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird Weekend.........."No Good Deed Goes Un-Punished"

We've been in the LTVA for over 3 months now.........a "neighbor" camper I never met motioned me to walk over (I walk with a good Limp) asking what I could do for her broken window on her truck.......She was using a 12'x12' tarp slammed in the adjoining doors to cover the long ago broken window.....The remains of collision wrap covered the paint

I broke out the remaining glass............Stuck ETERNABOND Double-Stick to the perimeter glass.............And covered the whole-hole with a piece of 40 mil tarp stuck to the eternabond....Drum tight.....Job Well Done....I thought

View attachment 30721

NOW she returns with...............It still flaps in the wind................I have cardboard to add inside to keep it from flapping............Can I borrow your Knife..............Can I have the roll of tape.............I don't have money to stay here........Can they toss me out ..........I need help hitching

"No way to hold my head that didn't hurt"
"No good deed is left (thoroughly) unpunished"... Learned that one a LONG time ago.. Good for you though Abnorm!

Cheers!

Cammallu ..I will be going to Pahrump. Not to the van build, that is a very structured team of volunterrs, it is not at all like van aid. But I might be camping with one of the HOWA caravans which seem likely to be there at the same time period. It is a good time weatherwise to stop there as it weill be too hot in Quartzsite but also too cold further north. So just the right temperatures in Pahrump in April and hopefully part of May too.

Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys. I always wonder how much more you’d get done if I didn’t come slow you down. Haha!
You did not slow me down, very glad you were there with your tablesaw. Also very gratefull to you and Brian for putting in the Sumo Coil rear spring helpers on my Honda Element!

Putfing in the new cabinet drawer boxes I cut at Van Aid this week! Three installed on the drawer glides and one more to finish tomorrow.

As someone who has been the recipient of much of Abnorms services build wise, Lol. He is the best! We could all learn more from his acts of kindness! Ben thank you for working on the pantry!

Sleep, it was such a pleasure meeting you. Pirate camp was a lot of fun for me!
Even more fun then coming home to a crazy amount of snow and getting eight more inches yesterday and last night. I liked it better when I saw the cold temps on pictures of car thermometers sent to me while there vs seeing them first hand on my thermometer. Haha! But it warms me up to see you all still together amidst maybe some drama... but sticking together and making the best of it. It says a lot about character when a guy like abnorm helps out a number of people literally asked to do the near impossible and his deeds go with little appreciation... almost expected! And still moves on to the next project. Maki2, what Brian and I did was almost to easy. I hope you noticed a big difference in your ride. Your rig is very impressive. I still laugh at our new friends in the bus conversation who when we talked about quieting her fuel pump on her diesel heater goes, yeah... who is that, I wanted to kill them. Hahaha! So many fun moments!
I’m just glad I was able to sleep through the “attack” when the flag was shot at. Haha! Well, mr abnorm... keep up your good work. It was a pleasure to be there for sure. I’m sticking it out here a few months. But the road will be calling ... it is already... and I’m breaking my ties that require me to return.

I am still over by the van aid site. I could say I needed some peace and quiet but with Ausia Bergers' (youtuber Panda Monium) rolling Karoake tribe parked next to me it is either noisy wind or late night partying. I suspect they will pull out after the weind storm dies away.

I will drop by Pirate camp tomorrow when I go to La Posa South to take out trash.

^Thanks for the Warning.....We'll keep an EYE out for you.....Enjoy the Noise tonight

Sleep.....Jacque.....Ben......Thanks for the humbling tributes

Ben tells me MyFavoriteMartian....JAE.....Is complaining his seat is NOW too close to the door.......Ben shared his phone # ......Minnesota Call Center "Hello, this is Ben"

"Oh Lord, won't You buy me a Mercedes Benz..............." (earworm)

Haha... he shared his number and I called to check up on him after HDR camp... now I’m possibly needing a do not call list. Haha.
I’m thinking though, next time you install a seat for an alien you need to take in account the heat factor he might encounter traveling through space.

Neighbors were not noisy last night, too much wind for a campfire gathering.

Cloudy day today, adding in another errand in town, I need gas for my generator just in case my solar input is not quite enough. I want to use my jigsaw to cut various pieces of woood and metal. I could do it with handsaws but today I feel like having ..more power!!!

Van aid might be over but I am waiting for the nicer weather this coming weekend to head to pirate camp La Posa South.

As to Jai,... with his vision issues I would be surprised if he could pass a test to get a driver license. But yet...he is driving despite saying he can't see good enough to cook a hot dog on a gas grill.

Health issues forcing us into a pretty restricted life style are very difficult to accept.

Abnorm are you going to the van build in Pahrump sponsored by HOWA? I can’t recall when it is but if you are going I have some things that need to go to Tina the bread lady.
Hi Cammie. I'll be heading to Parump to visit Tina when I leave here - sometime around the end of March - if no one else is going sooner.

So will the PS seat go back in the original location? Or be mounted somewhere else?

Passenger seat wound up at the dump. I would rather have swapped it out for the driver's seat, but in an Econoline, for several reasons, that apparently just doesn't work.

I can't believe how much usable space I gained by getting rid of the PS. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Sky Rides....... Plomosa Road during Van-Aide.. not that I knew it was going on ....... doh!

Attachments

• VanAide-RaisingFunds.JPG
    VanAide-RaisingFunds.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 8
Well we're close to finishing out this version of Pirate Camp...............

SLEEP/Sherry's little trailer is the most recent subject.......It's had a small hand-pump faucet for the last 70 years ?

IMG_5903.JPG
Now she's styling with a single handle pull out faucet.....cold water only......She's now a water diva

It wasn't without some problems........The existing "hole" was larger than the faucet base

IMG_5901.JPG

I had to cut some trim washers from a plastic cutting board.......Two hole saws and we're there

IMG_5907.JPG
IMG_5908.JPG

The Pump and pipes are installed in some of the smallest spaces by the biggest guy............Good grief !

The pump is supplied by PEX.....but for the output ShurFlo recommended reinforced vinyl tubing..................

IMG_5884.JPG
And here's her cute little trailer with it's Creative custom paint job

Last edited:
Wuhnerful wuhnerful!

Yes, awesome work and all, prominent plumbing prowess, and cute trailer, but never mind all that...I SEE BELLA!

🤩

I have water! So Greatful for all that Doug does for me, your heart is bigger than your body. But I did feel really bad that all the spaces were so small and hard to get to.