Pirate Camp at Van Aid........Feb. 2022

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Slow good eyes.......We mounted the unknown donor vehicle's Passenger seat as a DRIVER seat in the Ford

This was for the Extraterrestrial JAI ...........No explanation necessary

So kind of everyone to do this. Are the van builds an annual event?
The "Van Aid" was connected with a group called "Nomad Center Camp". They do a lot of events every year, mostly social but sometimes in conjunction with other things such. As a b ig cleanup at Eherenberg of trash left behinfd.

"Pirate Camp" is Abnorm's group where people can come camp and get help on projects.

I hide in plain sight................No Website, You Tube channel, Facebook or Patreon......just the FORUM here

Where ever we travel "Pirate camp" comes along ......We winter in Quartzsite and then travel the WEST.......Oregon is a favorite.........Nevada.....North California.......maybe UTAH this year.....This is our 5th year as a Nomad

I'm a skilled craftsman w/tools.....We're content in our OLD age.....Living on SS....Willing and Able to Help.

If'n you need help.....send me a PM....oops "Conversation".......I'll send you a Phone # so we can TEXT...........

Maybe we'll meet up "Down the Road"

PS.....I don't Charge for my services.....You need to Buy your own stuff but I'll design/install/repair......Mentor

At Van Aid a friend of Paulette's gave her a $100 for her fan I installed..........

I was on my way to return it when nomad Paul approached with news his CLUTCH had failed.........It was "easy" to hand him the cash.

Well Booger... I was at Plomosa last week... but am just now catching up with forums etc... still trying to get Starlink to turn me back on...( grump) ... Where is the S LTVA camp... I am looking to move back away from town now that I did my PO run to pick up plates.

I was looking at the map to see if there was an easy path over the desert between me at Scaddon and the SLTVA for a ride down on the eBike...,,, didn't see one.. ;)

Headed back to Utah (north end of Lake Powell) the end of the month. If you get in the area and want some travel info or cheap stay suggestions give me a shout. Always glad to help people helping people.

PS.....I don't Charge for my services.....You need to Buy your own stuff but I'll design/install/repair......Mentor

Oh... I have a dog that has issues with other dogs... so I plan to be on the outskirts of where-ever so as to not continuously create agitation for her and everyone else.. ;) She loves people, but has PTSD with other dogs...

..and I could use an extra pair of hands for a few issues.. ;)

In return, I have leet computer skills should anyone need..

Me, my mansion, and my Jekyll and Hyde dog will be along in a bit.

Is the water stated as available at the LTVAs drinkable.. or should I pick up a few jugs?

Unfortunately most groups of friends camping together with do come with dogs as part of the group. The LTVA areas are no exception but they do require that dogs be kept on some type of leash or tied up when left outside. There were quite a few dogs at the Van Aid location of Pirate Camp.

I was looking at the map to see if there was an easy path over the desert between me at Scaddon and the SLTVA for a ride down on the eBike...,,, didn't see one.. ;)
Cammalu has a long route with the Putt-Putt

WE do not drink any city or well water...KISS....we always buy bottled drinking water....one less thing to worry about

Weird Weekend.........."No Good Deed Goes Un-Punished"

We've been in the LTVA for over 3 months now.........a "neighbor" camper I never met motioned me to walk over (I walk with a good Limp) asking what I could do for her broken window on her truck.......She was using a 12'x12' tarp slammed in the adjoining doors to cover the long ago broken window.....The remains of collision wrap covered the paint

I broke out the remaining glass............Stuck ETERNABOND Double-Stick to the perimeter glass.............And covered the whole-hole with a piece of 40 mil tarp stuck to the eternabond....Drum tight.....Job Well Done....I thought

IMG_5896.JPG

NOW she returns with...............It still flaps in the wind................I have cardboard to add inside to keep it from flapping............Can I borrow your Knife..............Can I have the roll of tape.............I don't have money to stay here........Can they toss me out ..........I need help hitching

"No way to hold my head that didn't hurt"

There's one in every crowd ... can't believe she made you walk over for the privilege of being asked to do her a favor. Hope you pulled the plug on this quickly!

One of the issues associted with being close to the paved road in La Posa South.

Abnorm are you going to the van build in Pahrump sponsored by HOWA? I can’t recall when it is but if you are going I have some things that need to go to Tina the bread lady.

Cammalu has a long route with the Putt-Putt

WE do not drink any city or well water...KISS....we always buy bottled drinking water....one less thing to worry about
There is a route through but there are some steep hills and rocky places. I don’t think you want to do it on your bike but I don’t know what kind of rider you are. The other way is much faster.