Pirate Camp....a build opportunity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends. Back in the earlier years, Bob W., suggested using two pressure treated 2x4s, laying on gutter clamped roof racks to mount solar panels.

Of course, that wood is NOT mounted directly ON the roof, it is u-bolted to the cross tubes. The bolts to the panel Z mounts are through the wood, with washers and nuts as necessary.

I used that method on a E-350 to mount 4x100 Watt panels, with no issues over five years of varied weather, with a reconfiguration at one point, to gain room at the rear to secure a short step ladder.

Well OK.......The job recommend came from HOWA....."Bob" was gonna come over to Amy's and check out her panels/mounting.....Maybe he suggested wood....At the laundry Phyliss asked if I would take a look.......It's CRVL....I KNOW....a neighbor Rob also wanted to use wood........It's a minivan at eye-level.......No one is paying She has no money......I'll buy and use what I think is correct.......

CRAGGY WASH Lake Havasu City

We've been here a couple weeks now....Popular boondocking close to town....heading to Quartzsite in another week for TURKEY Day

It's like Old-Home days here.........Old Friends and New

Sherry........SLEEP with her vintage trailer

Sunny......SheketEchad in a Schoolie to replace her aging van........working IT full-time remotely all this year

Carol still working on Solar............John and wife in their tiny homebuilt trailer

Dan the construction boss for '19 RTR......building a utility trailer for BoxVanDee

Jim in his cargo van..........Mary in her RV.........Jeff in his car/trailer

and JennyJ rolled into town in her RAV4.....................and many more

Hello.  Anyone in the Las Vegas area that can give me an estimate to build 3 small shelves for my Transit Van?  Camping at Poverty Flatts near Overton. Thanks.  Safe travels.  Deb

RATS........we've got rats in the engine compartment.........Van runs ....but extremely hard to start as the computer searches for sensor wiring

OBD confirms "sensor wiring harness" as a fault code

Mechanic Mike will remove the intake manifold to expose the damage after work this week.......after I first strip the engine of all its Plastic bits

The sensors are under the raised manifold.........Butt splices and Heat shrink ?

Depends on how badly damaged it is and whether or not you can get a replacement harness. Rats found a single wire in my old truck they liked last year so I cut, soldered and heat shrink then mounted a solar rope light along the wiring loom.

This is one of those incidents that remind me of my uncles used car lots where when he turned on the headlights of his recently purchased 1957 Chevy that had set in a field for some time and the front driver’s side fender caught on fire!

Ahhhhh.............Engine Starts........The World is back to Normal (or Abnormal) again...........

One Sensor.....Two wires...Chewed right down to the plug...."cylinder head temp"....the computer also cut the A/C 'OFF' while damaged ........

From the toolbox: Spare wire.....solder....heatshrink......Oh It was buried deep.....Mechanic Mike was here.....THANKS !

We needed a gallon of coolant............that is all.........Check Engine Lite cleared......."Film-at-eleven"

A neighbor, worried about the damage, ran to FORD and purchased a harness for later delivery....now I've got a spare coming..........

It is strange how they only like certain wires sometimes! Mine had several exposed wires but they only ate a few inches of insulation off the one wire. I’m glad he was picky and only liked purple! Lol!!!

So is Pirate camp all finished for the fall or just relocated?

Relocating to Quartzsite after this weekend.......We'll be at the LTVA South for Turkey day(near the front).....YARC camp is occupied by others

In Lake Havasu City......CODeb is parked nearby..........Her Transit needs some cabinet boxes for storage...I need to make them before we move South

Pirate camp will move as the work dictates....Plumosa rd.....Dome Rock.....Hi Jolly.......all within reach in Q

NEED HELP?.....ask away................

Is it really "pirate camp" without the jolly roger on display?

Thanks Jacque.........never trust a Wayne :)

Looks like the "temporary" YARC Camp location will be near the first vault toilet......on the RIGHT.....LaPosa South LTVA........Pay-to-Stay

Ready to leave Kentucky.......Cammalu will decide WHERE camp will re-locate......or maybe she'll 'take on' the interlopers........Stay tuned

We have a small safe camp coming together......SAFETY minded Visitors Welcome.......Please Mask-Up

PM for a phone # or pin locator........we'll arrive 23rd

Found out there is a couple living here in the rv park (over east side of Phoenix metro, not Quartzsite) that has tested positive for covid. I won't be coming over to YARC camp for the foreseeable future. Bummer for me. I'm pretty sure I have not been exposed but I'm not taking any chances of spreading anything.

Latest posts