Pirate Camp....a build opportunity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have YARC stickers. Doug do u need us to mail? Got an address?

Watched the video. That bus is the cutest thing. I love it! Pics of the little antique stove you didn’t have with you please.

The bus just feels like a happy place and it’s great to be surrounded by antiques you love.

Quiet days at Camp.....HOT hazy days and cool nites........my Solar has been taking a hit...I had to top off the batteries with my Honda

The hot air dries paint almost instantly......Wood construction-joints shrink in the low humidity 

I've been refreshing my own cabin....."Blackie" (the wandering cat) found a "missing" cabinet door opening and got out thru the garage for the nite

This morning just after Sunrise we had Hot Air Balloons overhead....NO sign of the famous donkeys yet......Saw the GIANT Rabbits ! 

Learn to get your contact phone #'s ahead of time and TEXT.......lots-o-folks have stopped looking for Where/He/She/It?.....I don't Know !

Facebook and websites are too slow and cumbersome.....a TEXT will get-thru

And a Question/Answer I've been asked............"" YES!....... I'll take your money if you insist ""

It's great to "camp" within sight of town.....The other night we celebrated with a ChineseFood take-out feast...We had leftovers for days....

We're now a camp of 4........two seasoned nomads arrived........But nobody needs any work "done"

The local horses walked right thru camp last nite..........Clear sites and slightly cooler.....I'll take it !

Today's our last day in Pahrump.............New location: CRAGGY WASH......Lake Havassu City

We've grown to a respectable Caravan......Rob has scouted a spot in LHC.........we'll all arrive in a few days or go our own way

The Pirate's been busy with half-day projects.......met some HOWA people.....last minute-busy-busy........Photos to follow

Goodbye Pahrump !!!!

WELCOME ALL FRIENDS...............old and new to Pirate Camp

Great meeting you and the Mrs.! Thanks for the hospitality and the good advice!

Looking forward to seeing you down the road!

93750e9d546221d6a2caf4df6d71bee5.jpg

cead2a529924515d93021a3b73dde22c.jpg

- Arrrrgh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcon. Great shots - I i’ve been a shutterbug for many years and hundreds of thousands of pictures and I have become an expert at being jealous of other peoples pictures. Good work. God bless the nomads especially those with cameras.

"OMG.....Who is talcon?"

I don't know who they are, but they are right. Doug and Paulette are good people.

highdesertranger

Aha....The mystery solved with an AVATAR........Thanks Randy and Welcome to the Nomadic life (Hint: add a thread in NEWCOMERS )

THX HDR

abnorm said:
Aha....The mystery solved with an AVATAR........Thanks Randy and Welcome to the Nomadic life (Hint: add a thread in NEWCOMERS )

THX HDR

I will do that thanks!

I need to add a signature too...
Randy in the TT with the MC

nature lover said:
Falcon. Great shots - I i’ve been a shutterbug for many years and hundreds of thousands of pictures and I have become an expert at being jealous of other peoples pictures. Good work. God bless the nomads especially those with cameras.

Thank you for the extremely kind words. It seems hard to take a bad picture around these mountains.

Talcon paid the price......WARNING us of the pack rat problem........in the process spending $$$ for a wiring harness/install.............

......and we laughed our-asses-off over at Amy's...

In our camping spot last year a rat got in her rig and stole her DENTURE.....just ran off into the desert....never to be seen again !

Doug you said you have pictures? Tell us about the builds so far and pics of course! What are you seeing out there in AZ? People masking???

EVERYONE masked up in Nevada..........not so much in Arizona

In CAMP we feel comfortable to forego the mask ........IF we feel safe ! SLEEP walked up to the van at Craggy Wash today....been ages

What do we find ?...........Lots-O-Loose electrical connections out here.....wires just twisted and taped.....Find Fix and MoveOn

Who mounts their solar panels to wood ?????............Aluminum people.........

And finally.....don't try to "jump start" your rig's battery with your solar panels before the charge controller....Kaboom....

Safe Traveling from Kentucky Cammila..... I hope before the Snow ?

abnorm said:
Who mounts their solar panels to wood ?????............Aluminum people.........

LOL Now you tell me. Guess I should have asked your advice before I bought two boards today while we were camped near each other in Pahrump. Doh. Will rethink this mounting. :)

^ What......I sent you a phone # and NO TEXT ?.......More is Less Fun......

Here's Amy's Solar Panel MOUNTING........the panels were loose in an operating system...She packed the panels up with each move....My job was to install them to the existing Town and Country minivan luggage rack.......this is where the WOOD was suggested.....NOOooooo

#solarmount.jpg

I decided to add 1x1" angle aluminum to join the panels together (Yes it's expensive)......1/4-20 screws with washers and lock nuts at each connection.........all construction performed while upside-down on a table.......Day One 

#solarcloseup.jpg

Overnite I reshaped some U bolts to match the profile of the roof rack......I have a Vise mounted in the van.......each one turned out "unique"...Then used the re-engineered U-bolts to mount the assembly to the roof rack..........In an attempt to keep it a low profile I gave myself a headache in installation......Not much room for old man hands to balance and tighten those nuts on the U-bolts...Open-End Wrench.....!@#$%^....Got'ErDone

Attachments

• #solarmount.jpg
    #solarmount.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 17
  • #solarcloseup.jpg
    #solarcloseup.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 16