PIRATE CAMP '24-25....................Desert SouthWest

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made it to Q day before yesterday. Currently at Plamosa with Jesse.

Temps are not bad at all so far, tbh. Not too hot during the day and not too cold at night. Haven't gone to South as yet, so can't comment on the state of the Pirate Camp area.

Sometimes it really does feel like it is “always something”. I thought I was going to be able to settle in at Lone Tree near Lake Havasu City with a decent stretch of weather for a week or so. But I just looked out the window and it is socked in with thicknesssmoke in the air. The wind shifted since I woke up
and is it is now bringing in smoke from wildfires in California to the northwest of here. It will be like driving through fog today becauseb I do need to go into town this afternoon. The web cams in town are not showing a lot of smoke.

Good thing I did not get unhitched, however it will take a little while to put stuff away and secured for travel. I will head to the BLM or AZ trust land south of town and see how that looks for smoke. If the smoke is bad at that location …well there is always Quartzsite where I can literally sweat it out for a month until things cool off. 🥵

Last edited:
It was smokey everywhere in the Lake Havasu area so I went back to where I was camped. Being on a hillside it has better airflow. At least I can stream some TV shows tonight to distract me. 👍

Last edited: