Petoskey Stones

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsyjoe#1

Reaction score
I'm handicapped, so going through the gem and mineral show in Quartzsite will be very difficult. I have a 5 gallon bucket of Petoskey stones (a semi precious stone). Any suggestions on how to go about selling them at the gem show?

do you mean the actual show or the several people that are there buying and selling all winter?
is there someone in the area that you trust that could help out?
I have a couple of ideas

highdesertranger

well I wouldn't count on them to give you any amount of money. I have dealt with a couple of them, they want to pay pennies on the dollar or less. let me see if I can get you some help. if you don't hear from me in a few days remind me. highdesertranger

A 5gall. bucket full of rocks is probably pretty heavy.  Get rid of them and increase your gas mileage.. :thumbsup:

I would be interested but won’t be in AZ till mid January. If you don’t sell them by then maybe we can find a way to communicate off of this site and I’ll find you when I’m there.
I’m not much good at this forum stuff but I think we can chat in private messages to meet up?
Also, would like a picture and price for all.

He’s going to sell them before you get there. I’m in line.

dandman37 said:
I would be interested but won’t be in AZ till mid January. If you don’t sell them by then maybe we can find a way to communicate off of this site and I’ll find you when I’m there.
I’m not much good at this forum stuff but I think we can chat in private messages to meet up?
Also, would like a picture and price for all.

I won't be leaving Michigan until December 1st, and arriving in Q around the end of the month. I have sold 45 pounds already and haven't left Michigan yet, but still have 22 pounds left. PM me if you want me to hold them for you. These are just raw stones of different sizes.