Pedal Power- DIY (literally) Power

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UptownSport

Reaction score
Obv plans below are a thinly veiled marketing ploy, but in concept, provides when there's no sun, wind or 110V plug available.

I'm sure you could source components elsewhere

Someone who works out every day can average a 100 Watts for a one hour period with a peak  output of  200 to 300 watts of power.
 A person who is  not in decent shape can put out around 50 to 100 watts of power.
And finally, someone who is a competitive cycler can put out up to 500 watts!!

Free DIY Bicycle Generator Plans

I'm sure i'll be tracked down and lashed for seriously suggesting any American exercise, LoL

I've seen videos of pedal power generators. always wanted to try to replicate it. too many projects!

LoL

Bob didn't shine to it- Then Kyonu disappeared ...

0.021kwh = 21 watt hour

watt-hours = milliamp-hours × volts / 1000

my phone = 3000mah

36wh = 3000mah x 12v/1000

so in the video you linked, angle and resistance was changed, also they were running the toaster as he pedaled.

How do I calculate how much I have to pedal at leisurely pace and at "flat surface" to charge to 36wh?

p.s. math above is purely copy/paste from short internet search. enlighten me if i got it wrong.

"You gonna EARN that pop tart, Buddy!"

I'm all for it. I was born and raised in the U.S., and don't have any ideological issues with exercise. I suppose that watching how we're described on TV would give someone the idea that we're all useless, lazy slobs, though.

If it worked so well how come we don't still see the little wheel generators for bicycle lights still?

They did work well.

Kinda the same as asking 'if walking worked, why are there cars?' LoL