Panda washer/spinner

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ggwoman said:
Jay, in that youtube vid i posted earlier, says that the washer part uses 240 watts and the spinner uses 180 watts. He is solely on solar power and likes to measure that stuff all the time.

van Gurl, I would like one for my TT as well. How big is that thing? I know it weighs something like 25 pounds empty. But what are the dimensions?

Yes 240 and 180 is correct. I run it on a 1k inverter. I can dump water ok the ground,

VanGirl said:
Yes 240 and 180 is correct. I run it on a 1k inverter. I can dump water ok the ground,

I can get the dimensions in a few days. I'm in So. California visiting friends this week.

This is from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Panda-Compact-Portable-Washing-Capacity/dp/B00AW04ZMM

"Please note this is not a fully automatic washer, you need to do a little work between washing and spinning. 
Specification: Model: PAN30 Color: Navy Blue & White Transparent lid Voltage Frequency:110V/60Hz 
Washing Capacity :7.9 lbs Washing Power :240W Spin Dryer Capacity :3-3.5 lbs 
(Half of the washing capacity, you may spin twice) Spin Power: 120W Spin RPM: 1300 
Length of inlet hose: 43inch Length of drain hose: 18 inch
Unit size 22.83 × 14.17 × 25.59 inch weight: 28 lbs 
1 year manufacture warranty Inlet hose: it doesn't match with your tap, please just use the bucket or shower head to fill into the tub directly. Drain hose: in washing period, keep drain hose hanging up beside your washer. In spinning cycle, place it downwards to floor drain. (Note: No water pump in this washer) We guarrantee all washers are brand new, if you find some water or watermark, it's manufacture testing."

gcal said:
Anyone out there have any experience with this machine?

I found the dimension :

W x H x D
22.83 x 25.59 x 14.17 inches

The first time you run it is very different than a normal modern washer. It is more like using the old tub-type wringer washer that my grandmother used. Water level and soap has to be adjusted for each load. I use my rinse water for the next load when I'm doing more than one load. With that said, it is a luxury compared to methods some on this site are using.

The spin cycle leaves the clothes very wrinkled if you run it for the full 15 minutes. I put the damp clothes on a table and try to smooth them before hanging. If you can hang outside the wind helps with the wrinkles. Fabric softener helps also. I don't spin the slacks and jeans as long. I leave them somewhat wet and hang from the legs and the weight pulls a lot of the wrinkles out.

As you can tell by now I have an issue wrinkled clothes.

If you have room for a Panda get it. If you are building a new rig, build one in. You will not be sorry.

I wonder if my smaller inverter would be enough to power it. 300w constant 600w 10 minute surges

VanGirl said:
I found the dimension :

W x H x D
22.83 x 25.59 x 14.17 inches

The first time you run it is very different than a normal modern washer. It is more like using the old tub-type wringer washer that my grandmother used. Water level and soap has to be adjusted for each load. I use my rinse water for the next load when I'm doing more than one load. With that said, it is a luxury compared to methods some on this site are using.

The spin cycle leaves the clothes very wrinkled if you run it for the full 15 minutes. I put the damp clothes on a table and try to smooth them before hanging. If you can hang outside the wind helps with the wrinkles. Fabric softener helps also. I don't spin the slacks and jeans as long. I leave them somewhat wet and hang from the legs and the weight pulls a lot of the wrinkles out.

As you can tell by now I have an issue wrinkled clothes.

If you have room for a Panda get it. If you are building a new rig, build one in. You will not be sorry.

Thanks so much! Yes, it is basically a mini wringer washer, with the added value of the spin dry basket and which I understand you only need to use 2-4 minutes to get things wrung out well. It's the perfect size and weight. I tell ya, the automatic washing machine is one of mankind's best inventions imo.

I just place my order thru Amazon. Now THAT was an adventure! I had a fraudulent account in my name opened several months ago, with my name spelled wrong and using an old address to a house we had sold. One handy thing about my last name is that junk mail lists always misspell it. Anyway, police report was filed and Amazon was notified. But both accounts were closed, not just the fraudulent one. Getting the original account reopened was a trip. The email from them referred to "both" accounts, damn it! I am waiting for them to explain to me what "both accounts" means. Geez, I wish I could pronounce the name of the customer service rep.

Got my new washer! We have done 2 loads, and I love it! Right now, it is causing some friction. DH thinks that he is the boss of anything with cords, motors or pumps. If he doesn't stay out of my way and stop poking at the machine, he is going to get to take over and do all the laundry. Forever.

gcal said:
Got my new washer! We have done 2 loads, and I love it! Right now, it is causing some friction. DH thinks that he is the boss of anything with cords, motors or pumps. If he doesn't stay out of my way and stop poking at the machine, he is going to get to take over and do all the laundry. Forever.

Bwahahaha nice. Glad to hear it's working out for you! Can't wait until the day I have room enough to get my own!