Pahrump in March?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morefun

Reaction score
Anyone doing Pahrump blm in March? We've never stayed there in March but with the temps warming up we're thinking it might be a good place.

Wheeler Pass road seems to be the place to go. It starts in the flat desert and climbs towards Mt. Charles.

Look for a grand caravan with awnings on it. That's me, the Wandering Knight

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
283d3dceb9669e923dddb795be90d60f.jpg

I'm wondering if it will be too hot around May 1st.

Probably. When I did caravan zooms, April was when HOWA folks moved north.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

We were hoping to head out today but looks like we'll be here another week due to window on the truck refusing to go up. Ripped it apart, couldn't find a problem I could fix without spending lots, so we're having a repair shop roll up the window for us until can afford to fix it proper.

I see a big cold dip coming into NV and AZ west next week. Might wait that out down here before heading up to Pahrump.

What is too hot for you? If you are looking for 70 degree highs, you won't like April in Pahrump.

Last week of April, Pahrump will be in the high 80's to 90's. Same pattern for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
The average daily high for April has been 80, 78, 79 respectively.

Do you ever go up into Humboldt-Toiyabe NF north of Tonopah?

80 plus is too hot :)  We're stuck outside if LV at moment due to more truck problems and dead gen. Waiting on parts.
Hope to be heading to the coast by mid April. Spend some time star gazing outside Tonooah before the coast.

Latest posts