Out of the shadows

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbreathe

Reaction score
and into the light.

hello all!  

Just want to introduce myself.  I've been lurking for awhile in the shadows, reading, reading, reading.. So much to learn.  Such a huge site to go over. I love it.

Thanks to everyone for everything, Bob, of course, you too!  Without you, there would be no CRVL forum, thank you for all you do for bringing awareness to this life style.

I'm in my fifties, widow for 5 years.. and I think I might of figured out what to do with the rest of my life.  Thanks to all of you, especially the ladies out there.. you give me hope I can do this someday.

I bought myself a fun little 4 wheeler last spring. Having a blast with it in the summer.  I SO want to bring this along for fun, so am trying to figure out the best way for me to do it all.

would be easier to sell it, but shoot.. what fun is that? 

At any rate, hello and thanks for all of your voices, I just hope we can still do this for generations to come.

Thanks again for a great site and all of you wonderful folks who contribute so much about your lives. I really appreciate it.

Welcome!

Most  vehicles can pull a small open trailer that should fit your 4 wheeler as well as extra items.  I'm not sure how you feel about motorcycles  but they fit on hitch mounted racks as well and are a lot more fun in my eyes.  You also don't need to tow a trailer with them.  I'm a bit biased though as I think the meaning of life is smiling behind the bars of a moto.  

What type of 4 wheeler do you have?

Welcome.

Depending on what kind of rig you choose, you should be able to take it with you with pretty much anything.

There are toy hauler trailers that have a separate section meant specifically for atvs and things of that sort, and the rest is living quarters.

Thanks for the warm welcome!  

I have thought of all ways, I Think!   I already have a 5X10 Aluminum trailer for the wheeler that I use to get out of the burbs and into the woods.   I chose this because I can move it around very easily and didn't want a heavy beast I couldn't pull around to hook up alone.

I've looked at a bunch of toyhaulers, they are all put together like.. well... crap.  Not to mention I'm not a rich widow. >I know, I know... everyone thinks most are, but not me. LOL   oh and I so do not want the gas where I sleep and cook and store food. Never a good idea.  (Yes, they make garage types, but again..$$$$$)

So.. that leaves me with a few options... cargo trailer, built up the way I want it with a garage in the back.. sounds like work.

or a truck camper and pull the wheeler.. get an enclosed trailer instead of the one I have, it can be my garage. 

OR... haul the wheeler in the back of a truck bed and get a camper trailer.. I kind of like this idea the most, to be able to leave the house and wheeler for other fun activities.

however... this brings up something else.. .How worried are you guys to leave camp?  As far as getting things stolen?

My wheeler is a 420 honda rancher.. i have a winch and plow on it right now.. LOVE IT!  I just love it.  

On the dirt bike, motorcycle... yes!  I love those also.  Used to ride them growing up.. dirt bikes and small motorcycles. 

I am getting old though and love the 4 wheeler.  Built a box for the back for my cooler and other things I might want on the trails.  Having fun in Northern MN with it.

Welcome aboard the forums justbreathe.
Sounds like you have a few things to figure out !
This will be a great place to get it all sorted out.

Welcome! I am new here myself, and I love the place. I look forward to hearing your views and following your adventures. Sounds like you will have many of them.

Hello and welcome from snow covered Michigan. 

I can only tell you how to travel with a self propelled 2 wheeler, but I bet you a dollar you will find plenty of solid advice here  :) .

Welcome to the CRVL forums justbreathe! There is very little theft out in the forests or desert so don't worry about that too much and choose whatever you'll be most comfortable living in and towing.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.