Oregon Coast Get Together on the Oregon Coast July 24 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE for get together (GTG) in Tillamook, Oregon:  A lot of people have inquired about the GTG.  First off, this meet up is not the RTR.  Bob Wells has nothing to do with this meet up, i.e., this isn't the summer RTR.  We are working on that, a place big enough for a summer RTR! Second, there will not be any seminars or actives.  We might get together for breakfast and a dinner, that's about it!   Last year we had about fifty people with one motor home, a 24' belonging to Karen and Tony!  The rest were vans.  Basically this meet up is for old road dogs that know how to live on the road and are use to doing their own thing!   We are trying to put together four major rallies.  NO. 1 is BOB WELLS' RTR WINTER MEET.  NO. 2 is JAMIE'S VAN BUILD FALL MEET AT THANKSGIVING.  Looking for a place to have summer meet and host.  Also, we want a spring time meet to celebrate womanhood geared around women on the road.  I'm trying to get SUANNE CARLSON to host this one!  Hope I answered some of your questions.  All the best in your travels.  Gary Green

Here are the coordinates for the middle of the campground -- if this is the right place. Look at it in satellite view.

45.418208, -123.820409

Well I would love to go but I am currently in Kentucky making payments on my new RV and won't be heading your way probably till the beginning of October I will be at the RTR though looking forward to meeting everybody.

MrNoodly said:
Here are the coordinates for the middle of the campground -- if this is the right place. Look at it in satellite view.

Is that in the airport or part of it?

It's right next to the airport but not part of it. The airport is surrounded by a fence so even though you can see it and the Tillamook Air Museum from the campground if you want to go there you have to drive a couple miles. It's easy to miss the campground entry road. We ended up at the airport on our first try and I think other people made the same mistake.

The co-ordinates that MrNoodly posted are right on the spot. If you look at it in satellite view you'll see all of us at the campground. Quite a coincindence that the photo was taken during the last GTG!  https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d45.418208!4d-123.820409 We're in the south west corner, sharing a site with Margie. Our RV is 25', Margie has an extended van, about 20', so that will give you an idea of the lenght of the sites.

Hi!

My plans have changed and will now be able to attend this July 24th gathering in Tillamook ... wahoo! So pleased to be able to visit and relax among friends again.

Last year my grandson Jasper attended with me. And, although he was the only young person there, he was welcomed and made himself at home among us older folk. He's a really mellow kid and loves reading; so, that helped. :)

He'll be attending with me again this year and I'm wondering if anyone else will be bringing a teen. Jasper is almost 15 and it'd be cool if there were others around his age there.

IMG_20180622_204548_141.jpgHey  just wanted to give an update .sorry it takes time to put 47 years in a truck camper. Haha ...but we will be there look8 g forward to plugging in!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180622_204548_141.jpg
    IMG_20180622_204548_141.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
How many days do people typically stay for this?  Due to work commitment, I need to pass on a work project early morning July 25th, so I could be to Tilamook by evening of the 25th.  Wondering if it's worth it if I miss a day.

Will there be any of y'all gathering at the dispersed spots? Everything but the 15/night fee sounds amazing.

One more question - I don't see this discussed - seems the pads are 30-50' deep, so is there chance that those of us van camping could at least share a space for the $15? I'm in a mini-van (transit connect).

But maybe we need to register the car when we enter & pay - then it's questionable if we can add a car/van in the space.

I'm planning on being there Wednesday - Saturday nights, leaving Sunday and would love to share if it's possible.

I'm looking for something to do in the timeframe and I'm up in Seattle wearing out my welcome in my son's driveway working on his new house.

Bobflhtc said:
I'm up in Seattle wearing out my welcome in my son's driveway working on his new house.

How can you wear out your welcome doing work on someone's house?  :huh: LOL

Let's see if I can answer a few questions based on my experience last year. Payment was placed in a drop box, near the bathrooms, once you occupied your site. Several folks shared a single site last year. As with most all vandweller gatherings, people come and go throughout the event. I came a few days late, stayed about a week, and was among the last to leave.

I hope this info from last year is helpful.

Anyone have any experience around Bend, Oregon. Hiking Camping; Paddling...?