Oregon Coast Get Together on the Oregon Coast July 24 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelda

Reaction score
Oregon Coast Get Together on the Oregon Coast
July 24 2018

We are having a very informal GTG the last week of July, 2018.
So informal that we are doing nothing but picking the time and place. Location is the central Oregon Coast.
This campground costs $15.00 a night.
You get nothing but a place where we all can sit around a campfire. There are picnic tables and it's a first come type campground. You must be self contained and truly, they offer nothing but a lovely open meadow to camp in.
You will notice there is not an end date. We decided you all can make your own. We think from Tuesday to the weekend is a good time to make friends and perhaps, travel plans with others. The only plan is to have pot luck meals at 4:20 every day if you wish.
There is also dispersed camping in Coast Range mountains.
It would be a great place to start, stop or continue any travel adventures you may have.
Please private message me if you are interested in attending.
Nelda

It sounds like fun, but I can't make it. Unfortunately I work seven nights a week at that time of year and outside of a major family emergency, cannot get time off. Still, I hope you and anyone who joins you have fun and make new friends.

We had a really great time at last year's Oregon Coast GTG. I encourage everyone within driving distance to attend. We're staying east this year and will miss the GTG. ;-(

A little information to add to Nelda's:
The campground has a couple of water faucets. No electricity.
There are restrooms.
The parking pads at most of the sites are pretty long and site sharing is permitted.
Nelda is one of the nicest people that you ever meet. Jerry's cool too. :)

wonder how long it takes to drive there from out of state; Sounds soo Inviting...

Nelda when you say must be self contained does that mean holding tanks or will my porta potty be ok?

Hi Cheri! You don't really have to be self contained. There are restrooms with flush toilets and sinks! They are a little bit of a walk from the campsites so you might want to use your porta potty at times but you should be able to dump it in the restrooms. There isn't an RV dump station.

We're on the east coast this year or we would be there for sure. Have a good time!

Hi. I'm brand new to this forum and located out of the Seattle Area. This trip is a maybe - depends on how work goes in June.

Count me in as I plan to summer in Oregon and Washington and would love to meet some people in person. I am fairly new to the forum and have never been to a gathering and am glad to see one will be in Oregon.

Nelda, we are interested.
Will there be space for 32 ft rigs?
I suppose yes, but safer to ask.

We are in northern Cali right now, but will be stuck for a while, waiting on spare parts to come in

Also currently in a holding pattern regarding my mum's health issue, which may mean I may have to catch a flight to be with here in June/July.

So lots of uncertainties, but certainly interested.

I'll message you over on FB.

StrayCat said:
We are in northern Cali right now, but will be stuck for a while, waiting on spare parts to come in

I'm leaving for NorCal tomorrow with an anticipated arrival date of May 21st. How's the weather there currently?

A Savage Adventure said:
I'm leaving for NorCal tomorrow with an anticipated arrival date of May 21st. How's the weather there currently?

We are half way between Laytonville and Garberville.
Last couple of days were cloudy, a bit chilly with colder nights.
Weather has been georgeous today though, high 60ties/low 70ties and sunny.

Last night wasn't super cold anymore and I expect tonight to be quite compfy as well.

Forecast for next few days looks like today.

We have no choice other than stay put anyway, stranded due to a broken tranny, waiting for a part to come in.

StrayCat said:
Forecast for next few days looks like today.

We have no choice other than stay put anyway, stranded due to a broken tranny, waiting for a part to come in.

Thanks for the weather heads-up. I've been driving and just stopped at Memaloose State Park in Oregon for the night. Be in CA in 2 days. Left late today, so I feel behind on my schedule.

Good luck with the tranny.

Since we are now getting quite a bit of interest, here is all the info you need. It's laid back. No stage, no pavillion, no bathhouse.

Oregon Coast Get Together in Tillamook, Oregon
July 24 2018
Port of Tillamook RV Park
We are having a very informal GTG the last week of July, 2018. Some will come sooner, some later. Again, there is very little organization!
So informal that we are doing nothing but picking the time and place. We chose Tillamook, Oregon on the coast, as a place where we can gather. It's basically an hour's drive WEST from Portland, Oregon.
This campground is by the Tillamook Air Museum and costs $15.00 a night. There are NO reservations. It is an open meadow and you see it on google maps.
You get nothing but a place where we all can sit around a campfire (if someone brings wood). There are picnic tables and it's a first come type campground. No reservations. You must be self contained and truly, they offer nothing but a lovely open meadow to camp in. Actually the park does have a bathroom and water. It's an open meadow.
You will notice there is not an end date. We decided you all can make your own. We think from Tuesday to the weekend is a good time to make friends and perhaps, travel plans with others. The only plan is to have pot luck meals at 4:20 every day if you wish. Of course people do arrive early.
There is much to do in the area. Munson Falls, Camp Meares light house, museums, train ride, etc. Tillamook has shopping, restaurants, and the cheese and ice cream factories.
There is also dispersed camping on the Wilson River and the Trask River just a few miles out of town.
It would be a great place to start, stop or continue any travel adventures you may have.
Anybody in anything will be welcome.
We are a great group of folks. We hope to see you there. Let us know what you think.
http://www.potb.org/rv-park/ campground info.
https://tillamookcoast.com/ has lots of info.

Nelda , ask me to answer your questions , stray cat, 32 foot is too big for this campground , there are campgrounds around close by that you could fit, this get together is plan around the vans and roadtreks and smaller rigs , you are more than welcome to come GTG ! we might have to double up in spaces as is , i will check back later if you have anymore question . Gary Green .

RAILROADGREEN said:
Nelda , ask me to answer your questions , stray cat, 32 foot is too big for this campground , there are campgrounds around close by that you could fit, this get together is plan around the vans and roadtreks and smaller rigs , you are more than welcome to come GTG  ! we might have to double up in spaces  as is , i will check back later if you have anymore question . Gary Green .

Hi, 
thank you, I am confused now. Nelda says we'd fit, anyone in anything is welcoem.
You say we won't fit and GTG is planned around vans and roadtreks.

If it's a big Meadow, will everyone just park all over?
I am not sure I understand how this is going to work.

In any case if we have to ge to another campground away from the group, that's no fun to me.
We purposefully parked away from main camp at RTR because we are bigger and I walked over every day
and felt I missed out on a lot. So staying in another campground won't do it for us then.
If you want to preserve space so more smaller ones can fit, that's fine, just let me know.

stay cat, if NALDA said you fit ! then come down , its a big meadow, but you just don't park anywhere ! there are designated camping spots with number , these camping spots the big ones are maybe 30' , i.m.o. be a bitch to park , maybe you could google earth and see for your self or call tillamook and ask them ?