Online map of Mexico

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent....thank you Freenez....I bookmarked it on my computer.<br>Bri<br><br>

<P><FONT face="times new roman, times, serif" size=3>Excellent resource... Thanks.&nbsp; I saved all the jpegs into a "mexico" folder (in case of no internet).</FONT> &nbsp;</P>

4x4tour said:
<p><font face="times new roman, times, serif" size="3">Excellent resource... Thanks.&nbsp; I saved all the jpegs into a "mexico" folder (in case of no internet).</font> &nbsp;</p>
<div><br></div><div>As long as the computer doesn't break down.</div><div>Sounds like good thumb drive content.</div>

<P><FONT face="times new roman, times, serif" size=3>Well, I'd think there's a better chance of my laptop working, then getting the internet in BFM... </FONT></P>

&nbsp;I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and always, if there is a town or village, there is an internet cafe where you can look up the map....my guess is that unless you are looking for the most remote area in Mexico, a AAA map will be all you really need.(They are amazingly good) I have a Nelles map too and have never been lost there. (well once in a Mexico City barrio where we couldn't see for all the buildings, had to follow a bus to find our way out) This year I toyed with the idea of finally springing for a handheld GPS and just can't justify the expense...the cost is about a month or more in Mexico and if I get lost, I enjoy that as much as knowing where I am going....my best experiences in Latin America are when I need help instead of being the "self contained Gringo tourist"<br>Cisco, on Vandwellers Yahoo won't even haul his computer along when he goes down to the Baja mountains for the winter.....<br>I will take my netbook this winter but only because I do all my banking online and feel a little better with my own computer....I will plug it in at an internet cafe though. I also have Ubuntu on it and it boots up in half the time of my lappy.<br>Happy trails...<br>Bri<br><br>

<FONT face="times new roman, times, serif" size=3>Realistically, I'd be using my Delorme PN-6W /my spot with North America Topo.&nbsp;&nbsp; I doubt I'd be able to get lost, even if I tried... lol </FONT><br><FONT face="times new roman, times, serif" size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT face="times new roman, times, serif" size=3>I just went through mine to verify that it has Mexico and south america in detail.&nbsp; It's pretty impressive.&nbsp; Here are some pics of my laptop screen, to show how it looks on a laptop.&nbsp; The 3d is amazing, which I use for terrain Im approaching, yet can't see...lol</FONT><br><br>
0805010838.jpg
<br><br>
0805010836.jpg
<br><br>
0805010815.jpg
<br><br><br><br><br><br>

<font size="4" face="Arial">Sweet. Thanks for the share.</font><br>