Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just a question about Molly. I know most do not know us..... I have no intention on making anyone uncomfortable. I will say no more. Have a great day all :)
Peace and love
bLEEps

I am so excited to be able to make my first RTR ! I have been Rving since 2007, looking forward to meeting my family!

I will also be doing something similar with my dogs. Leashed in the main area but will take them elsewhere to get some exercise off-leash. My male will absolutely NOT go potty when on leash. They are trained herding/working dogs so have to be perfect when listening to voice commands and I always keep them away from other people when hiking...get a lot of "thank yous" and compliments on their behavior. My male would love a play date, my female not so much, although he did get nailed by an aggressive off-leash dog last week despite us stepping 40ft off the trail. I respect other people's and dog's boundaries and will do so at the RTR

I think it was two years ago, I saw a guy sitting in one of the seminars with his coat over the back of his chair. A dog wandered up, off-leash, and promptly pissed all over his coat and chair. He was not happy. But he did a good job keeping his curses to a muffled volume so as not to interrupt the seminar.

Thanks and I look forward to attend my very first RTR. I am not sure if the Admin or Moderators will catch this, but in browsing the website I noticed under gatherings the 2016 Summer RTR is listed. I am not sure if the Admins would like to update the Gatherings section with the most current upcoming gatherings or not.

HumbleBeginnings said:
Here's a Google Maps link to the coordinates Bob provided: https://goo.gl/maps/NaugAYzC3iv

I thought it might make life easier for some people (like me)! 

Aaron

So, of course Garmin wants the coordinates to be expressed in Degrees North
  And degrees EAST.

Can someone work that out for me?  I will store it in Garmin then.

just put a N in front of the first number and a W in front of the second. leave out the negative sign(-). I had never seen it expressed this way until recently and I use coordinates numbers a lot. I have 3 GPS unit and none of them use that positive/ negative system. highdesertranger

Finally looked at the schedule. What happened to the singles meet-and-greet meet-up?

DuneElliot said:
Finally looked at the schedule. What happened to the singles meet-and-greet meet-up?

I never attended, but, I can hazard a guess as to previous turnout.

If you want to socialize, that's best done unscripted around various fire circles!

I don't think there ever was one on the schedule!

The morning and afternoon schedules are seminars and after that it's all free time!

Trust me, you'll meet more people than you ever thought possible just by  hanging out at the main campfire and/or wandering around to find the other smaller campfires going on.

That is, if you want to meet people...there's no obligation to be anything at all!

There was a Singles Meet-up on the schedule last year. Apparently it must not have had the greatest turn-out to not be included this year.

Well, I'm single and definitely open to meeting guys in my age range who want to travel...lol

Dune I think it was 2 years ago. last RTR schedule(2017) is still up and it's not on there, next RTR schedule(2018) has not been posted. BTW if you want to host a singles get together talk to Bob about it. highdesertranger

DuneElliot said:
Well, I'm single and definitely open to meeting guys in my age range who want to travel...lol

So is your inbox overfilling yet?  :)

I've gotta imagine that such an event would probably bring out a whole ton of guys and maybe a couple women.  Seems like it would be a rather lop-sided event.  Of course, I could be completely wrong, and what a day that would be!

Fair enough. I thought it was on the schedule for last year...must have seen it on a different schedule.
The schedule for 2018 is up on the Gatherings page at the bottom I think, unless it's the wrong one.

Without knowing exactly what I will be working, or even what job I will have during the RTR I can't commit to anything but I would be willing to host a singles get together at my campsite when I know more...hopefully by mid-December I can make a more firm decision and put it on the schedule with Bob

The Old Farmers Wife said:
I pray I can be there and am I the only one who is really nervous about going, as a newbie?  I'm a people person, but guess I'm having some anxiety issues as I get older

No....theres a lot of Newbies....so Relax.  We are all nervous.  I meet 6 or so last week in Leadville, Co....

I'm going to be there, most likely with dogs and husband. I had no idea there would be a schedule! That's awesome, now I'll know which days to take off from work! I'll keep an eye out for the new one.

DuneElliot said:
I would be willing to host a singles get together at my campsite when I know more...hopefully by mid-December I can make a more firm decision and put it on the schedule with Bob

Great! I will be there - let me know if you need any help :)