Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DuneElliot said:
Fair enough. I thought it was on the schedule for last year...must have seen it on a different schedule.
The schedule for 2018 is up on the Gatherings page at the bottom I think, unless it's the wrong one.

Without knowing exactly what I will be working, or even what job I will have during the RTR I can't commit to anything but I would be willing to host a singles get together at my campsite when I know more...hopefully by mid-December I can make a more firm decision and put it on the schedule with Bob

Single female nomad here as well, I'd be down for this! :)

Thanks Bob!​

I would like to definitely say my husband and I will be there but can't as yet. Rules, like fences, "make good neighbors", a favorite poet of mine wrote. Boundaries for groups and an individual make for a good foundation of trust and personal space. Hope all falls into place!​

The Old Farmers Wife said:
I pray I can be there and am I the only one who is really nervous about going, as a newbie?  I'm a people person, but guess I'm having some anxiety issues as I get older

No, you're not the only one.  I'm a shy but social introvert.  This will be my first RTR.  I suspect like any big gathering, for those of us that won't know anyone there and are coming alone it will be a little socially awkward at first, but will be so much fun and I'm sure we'll meet kindred spirits while there.   :shy:

TheViewFromMyPlace said:
 it will be a little socially awkward at first, but will be so much fun and I'm sure we'll meet kindred spirits while there.   :shy:

Your gonna have a blast. Just put on your walking (tennis,hiking)shoes and cruise around RTR. 

A friend is staying at an RV park near Quartzsite for the water internet and power in last 3 we stayed right in the thick. it's a 10 minute drive to the RTR He is full time I am not.

I knew no one when I got to the RTR last year but within a minute of stepping out of the trailer I had met highdesertranger. I met a lot of people that day and throughout the RTR including what are now long term friends.

jimindenver said:
I knew no one when I got to the RTR last year but within a minute of stepping out of the trailer I had met highdesertranger. I met a lot of people that day and throughout the RTR including what are now long term friends.

You knew me,  you hoser!

:D

wagoneer said:
A  friend is staying at an RV park near Quartzsite for the water internet and power in last 3 we stayed right in the thick. it's a 10 minute drive to the RTR He is full time I am not.

Wagoneer,  what is " water internet"?  

:D

Old Farmers Wife, you'll be fine. .. there's a lot of nice people there...not me, of course. ..but Jim's dog Max is especially friendly. 

Pat

I would like to host a singles gathering at the RTR but I will only be able to make it there one weekend. I was just offered a job here in Kingman that has me working M-F but still want to come to the RTR.

Once I start the job here within the next week I can provide more specifics.

Is this something worth considering? I'm not sure what it would involve but seem to remember there used to be one held at the RTR so maybe Bob (or anyone) could give me some pointers or ideas.

Thanks

Dune;

It should be pretty simple. Pick a date, probably a Saturday or Sunday and a time probably 7:00pm ish.
Check with Bob.

Happy trails
David

P.S. Your inbox is no longer empty. LOL. Didn't want you to feel neglected.

DuneElliot said:
I would like to host a singles gathering at the RTR .....

If any one has a need for a Chaperone. Please don't hesitate to contact me. Reference's upon request.
Reasonable rates.
DrowsyChaperone3.jpg

Attachments

• DrowsyChaperone3.jpg
    DrowsyChaperone3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 24
TheViewFromMyPlace said:
No, you're not the only one.  I'm a shy but social introvert.  This will be my first RTR.  I suspect like any big gathering, for those of us that won't know anyone there and are coming alone it will be a little socially awkward at first, but will be so much fun and I'm sure we'll meet kindred spirits while there.   :shy:

There will be many newbies, from what I can gather from reading the forums for several weeks. I'm one! I don't think I'm a truei introvert, but I do value my alone time as well as time with people. I'm looking forward to meeting the folks I have been talking to on here. They all sound like great people, welcoming, kind and helpful.

DuneElliot said:
I would like to host a singles gathering at the RTR but I will only be able to make it there one weekend. I was just offered a job here in Kingman that has me working M-F but still want to come to the RTR.

Is this something worth considering? I'm not sure what it would involve but seem to remember there used to be one held at the RTR so maybe Bob (or anyone) could give me some pointers or ideas.

Thanks
I'm happy for you, Dune! I know you were concerned about getting a job. Congratulations!

DuneElliot said:

Thanks

That sounds like a great idea.  I'm not single, but solo, I'd come if it does not conflict with prospecting, solar or getting unstuck from the mud.  LOL.  I wish I had an itinerary.  Is there a schedule available for us to view?

duckwonder said:
Is there a schedule available for us to view?

Not yet!

The schedule usually doesn't come out until November or December.

Hopefully Bob will chime in here...I saw him post over on thr Art RTR thread.

A singles gathering is a great idea!! It really is as simple as you tell me where and when and we schedule it. I'd suggest an evening gathering at your trailer if you are bringing it. Maybe at 6:00 or 7:00 pm.

One problem might be if you are only coming for the weekend, you may be far out of camp and no one can find you.

It would be better if you did it at a persons camp who will get there early and get a prime spot. You could be the Hostess, but they will be the camp.

How about the first Friday at 7:00 pm?

This year, I'm going to assign each street a color and put up coroplast signs of a corresponding color so we will be able to find each other

Latest posts