Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akrvbob said:
A singles gathering is a great idea!! It really is as simple as you tell me where and when and we schedule it. I'd suggest an evening gathering at your trailer if you are bringing it. Maybe at 6:00 or 7:00 pm.

One problem might be if you are only coming for the weekend, you may be far out of camp and no one can find you.

It would be better if you did it at a persons camp who will get there early and get a prime spot. You could be the Hostess, but they will be the camp.

How about the first Friday at 7:00 pm?

This year, I'm going to assign each street a color and put up coroplast signs of a corresponding color so we will be able to find each other

I can work with that...I think it only takes a couple of hours to get there from Kingman. I'm only bringing my truck for the weekend so can probably fit in anywhere...too much hassle to bring the trailer for just a weekend since it will be set-up in a semi-permanent fenced location for the winter.  I will probably camp further out but can drive in closer to the center for that evening.

Name badges will be available the same as last year.

2 of us set up at a table close to the seminar area with the button machine and made the badges.

So that Diane and I still have a life at the RTR we limited the time we were there to about 11 AM to 1:30 PM each day for the first week only.

This year since there is several days of 'welcome, settle in', I expect that we will be setting up each day of that as well.

Note to self: get better pens.... :D

DuneElliot said:
I can work with that...I think it only takes a couple of hours to get there from Kingman. I'm only bringing my truck for the weekend so can probably fit in anywhere...too much hassle to bring the trailer for just a weekend since it will be set-up in a semi-permanent fenced location for the winter.  I will probably camp further out but can drive in closer to the center for that evening.

Congrats on the new job!

Can't wait to get there and be with like minded poeple. Let's hope I get done to get there or I'll just take the back seat out of the 88 K5 blazer and make it work ha ha. If I do make it I will help if needed even if it just for my muscle ha ha labor and helping people is good for the soul.

Safe travels everyone.

BeFree79 said:
Can't wait to get there and be with like minded poeple. Let's hope I get done to get there or I'll just take the back seat out of the 88 K5 blazer and make it work ha ha. If I do make it I will help if needed even if it just for my muscle ha ha labor and helping people is good for the soul.

Safe travels everyone.

" helping people is good for the soul "......

Sound's like someone has some experience in that. Welcome BeFree79.

Have been running up and down all the posts to find clarification-HELP!!
Was excited to see Suanne post about the ladies RTR but see she mentions the 14 day camping limit at Quartsite.
I was planning to arrive in the area mid December to stay until RTR.
Please advise if this will not be permitted.

Genie, Lots of people stay over in Ehrenberg(no limit) up until the RTR. You just need to move in the RTR area every 14 days. How far, I am not sure but Ehrenberg is only 15 miles or so west.

-Mike

this years RTR is 11 days plus 3 for the Women's get together equals 14. I wanted to post this on the women's forum but couldn't for obvious reasons. just stay out of the area like Ehrenberg until the start of RTR. the rangers usually let a day or 2 overstay. highdesertranger

Genie said:
Have been running up and down all the posts to find clarification-HELP!!
Was excited to see Suanne post about the ladies RTR but see she mentions the 14 day camping limit at Quartsite.
I was planning to arrive in the area mid December to stay until RTR.
Please advise if this will not be permitted.

The only way you could stay in the Quartzite area from mid December on is if you stay at one of the LTVAs (Long Term Visitors Area) and pay the winter fee of $180.00.

Which one of the LTVAs you could stay at will depend entirely on what rig you're driving.

If you're interested in that idea google BLM LTVAs, choose the ones near Quartzite and check the rules for each one against what you're driving.

After the RTR, you could always move to another LTVA somewhere else if you don't want to spend the entire winter in Q.

Most of us wander around the southern AZ/southern CA area or stay near Ehrenberg. Ehrenberg is BLM land but the rangers have chosen not to patrol it nor issue permits there so one can feasible spend as many months as one chooses to. Also Ehrenberg is closer to shopping in Blythe CA just across the river so there's that too!

:huh: :huh: :huh:  anyone from the southeast going that might be interested in caravanning???  I havent travelled more than a 2 hr radius from my hometown and as the dates get closer my excitement is becoming more a fear when I think of driving the 1788 miles all alone... I catch myself repeatedly talking myself out of it when I think about the trip but I'd really like to go meet everyone

PattySprinter said:
Great! I will be there - let me know if you need any help :)

I can help as well.. Hopefully it wont have a schedule conflict with something I really need to watch!

southern.nomad said:
:huh: :huh: :huh:  anyone from the southeast going that might be interested in caravanning???  I havent travelled more than a 2 hr radius from my hometown and as the dates get closer my excitement is becoming more a fear when I think of driving the 1788 miles all alone... I catch myself repeatedly talking myself out of it when I think about the trip but I'd really like to go meet everyone
Kick that fear's azz to the curb. Pre trip vehicle Inspection: [size=medium][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] 

1788 mile trip? Pre trip planning. Break that 1,788 miles down to 6 days. That's 298 miles per day. Stop every two hours, have a snack, stop at rest area or stop to  fill up. Stop and smell the cactus flower's. Stretch, walk the pet(s), check your route, make sure your heading the right direction.

9 Tips for Long Drives: https://blog.nationwide.com/9-tips-long-drives/[/SIZE]

Have a general idea for your over night stays. First check this: https://freecampsites.net/ . Then check your other options on Google maps , or what ever you prefer. Look for safe areas, satellite view on google maps will show give you a good idea if the area, just in case you arrive after sunset. Walmart, Hospitals, Flying J's (showers), 24 hour security rest area's, etc.

Break those long trip's down to one day. A long trip will not be all that intimidating then. Pre Planning is the Key. Just like the boy scout's say, " Alway's Be Prepared ".

[size=medium]EDIT. One last thing. 

On the 14 day limit. There is state land up nearer to the transfer station.

I'll be there and probably early if I can get myself ready by the end of the month which is likely. Thanks for the posts about Ehrenburg and where else to be.

The Old Farmers Wife said:
I pray I can be there and am I the only one who is really nervous about going, as a newbie?  I'm a people person, but guess I'm having some anxiety issues as I get older

No, you're not the only nervous one, it's my first RTR too! I'm super excited though!

southern.nomad, I'm coming from NC and am having a bit of the same problem. Maybe we can travel together. Let me know what you think. (70 yo rawhide & springsteel female. [emoji4] )

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

I planning on making it this year!  But I had that hope last year too :)
If reality doesn't get me this year I'll see you there!

Becida, y'all better get your butt there this year!

Don't make Diane and I come chasing all over the damn continent to find you.... :p :D :D